Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum host suggestion/ test thread

Thanks
    Thanked 18,156 Times in 3,483 Posts

Exclamation Forum host suggestion/ test thread

d
    Last edited by wildwest08; 07-22-2017 at 09:55 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Broken
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,668 Times in 4,033 Posts
    @wildwest

If I may ask...when you share content here, are you actually just re-posting someone else's work and download links? If so, the easiest solution is for you is to first download the material you want to share from the source, and then re-upload it to an approved primary filehost.

Sorry if I've misread the situation, and no offence intended whatsoever.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sonnet For This Useful Post:

High Priestess of The Classics Jenny's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,526 Times in 1,840 Posts
    Actually, I was thinking of suggesting changes and additions to the required hosts rule. However, from what I see, Rapidgator, Filefactory and the other hosts that are really being used at most forums now all stink when it comes to downloading from them as free users.

There are a few decent non cash hosts that are being used a lot at VEF and PS now that are required hosts in the V&C section at PS.

The required host list in V&C:

Mediafire
    Hotfile
    Netkups
    Packupload
    Putlocker
    1fichier.com
    Bayfiles

We can leave RS on the list as well.

Also another host I see being used occasionally at VEF is Ultramegabit. It's a cash host, but I've gotten a steady 150 KB out of it in downloads of one link movies and they complete just fine.

Comments ???????

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile

d
    Last edited by wildwest08; 07-22-2017 at 09:55 PM.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Actually, I was thinking of suggesting changes and additions to the required hosts rule. However, from what I see, Rapidgator, Filefactory and the other hosts that are really being used at most forums now all stink when it comes to downloading from them as free users.

There are a few decent non cash hosts that are being used a lot at VEF and PS now that are required hosts in the V&C section at PS.

The required host list in V&C:

Mediafire
    Hotfile
    Netkups
    Packupload
    Putlocker
    1fichier.com
    Bayfiles

We can leave RS on the list as well.

Also another host I see being used occasionally at VEF is Ultramegabit. It's a cash host, but I've gotten a steady 150 KB out of it in downloads of one link movies and they complete just fine.

Comments ???????
    sounds good to us, reason we mentioned rapidagator and filefactory is they are
    all over the place, and that was the only reason

downloading as a free user sucks from them, that is for sure

didn't mention depositfiles for a number of other reasons, too

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Broken
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,668 Times in 4,033 Posts
    Comments ???????
    Zippyshare

Admittedly, I don't know much about this filehost, but I've gotten good download speeds from them as a free user the odd time I've used it. Other members may be able to offer more info on their service, takedown policies, etc.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sonnet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 447,691 Times in 13,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny View Post
    actually, i was thinking of suggesting changes and additions to the required hosts rule. However, from what i see, rapidgator, filefactory and the other hosts that are really being used at most forums now all stink when it comes to downloading from them as free users.

There are a few decent non cash hosts that are being used a lot at vef and ps now that are required hosts in the v&c section at ps.

The required host list in v&c:

Mediafire
    hotfile
    netkups
    packupload
    putlocker
    1fichier.com
    bayfiles

we can leave rs on the list as well.

Also another host i see being used occasionally at vef is ultramegabit. It's a cash host, but i've gotten a steady 150 kb out of it in downloads of one link movies and they complete just fine.

Comments ???????
    m-e-g-a

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,895 Times in 8,857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    Zippyshare

Admittedly, I don't know much about this filehost, but I've gotten good download speeds from them as a free user the odd time I've used it. Other members may be able to offer more info on their service, takedown policies, etc.
    zippy works really good for me, too. However, it only has a 30day file retention.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

High Priestess of The Classics Jenny's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,526 Times in 1,840 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    Zippyshare

It works well for me too but as defrabbit said, only 30 day file retention, no premium option to keep files longer and a 200MB limit for one file. That would not be good for a host on the primary list.

Quote Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
    m-e-g-a

Maybe my thinking is outdated, but I feel that a host on the Primary list should be accessible to any member without making them jump through hoops to use it.

In order for someone to download a naked link from Mega they must:

1. Install and use Google Chrome.

2. Install and use jdownloader.

3. Install the Firefox Mega addon that Mega released recently.

Still too much potential for complaints about " I can't download....." so I'm thinking it's not quite ready for primetime as a Primary yet. I would be OK allowing it as a secondary since it appears to be somewhat usable now.

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 447,691 Times in 13,274 Posts
    It works well for me too but as defrabbit said, only 30 day file retention, no premium option to keep files longer and a 200MB limit for one file. That would not be good for a host on the primary list.

Maybe my thinking is outdated, but I feel that a host on the Primary list should be accessible to any member without making them jump through hoops to use it.

In order for someone to download a naked link from Mega they must:

1. Install and use Google Chrome.

2. Install and use jdownloader.

3. Install the Firefox Mega addon that Mega released recently.

Still too much potential for complaints about " I can't download....." so I'm thinking it's not quite ready for primetime as a Primary yet. I would be OK allowing it as a secondary since it appears to be somewhat usable now.

While I tend to agree with you on the "jumping thru hoops", this is where things are going. For me, and this is just for me. I'd rather get used to what will be, than to stick with what won't be, as in exisiting. But that is for me, who uploads a ton of stuff,and not into making $$$, isn't interested in uploading to rinkydinkuploads.com and six months from now lose it all and be looking for something else. Stability is my main concern, RS has made quite a few significant changes that aren't exactly user friendly, but I'll stick with them because they are reliable, and you don't have to use paymentsrus.com to pay for membership. All you have to do is think back a year ago as to what host we all were using...most of them are gone. That didn't see where this was going are gone, those who won't adapt will follow shortly, and the days of cash whoring is on the endangered species list. Secured links, JDownloader, cloud hosting, and all sorts of restrictions is where we are at, those that can't or refuse to adapt will join the file sharing retirement communtiy, those who can will plug a long until such a time comes where's what's new becomes old.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Foamy For This Useful Post: