Page 294 of 296 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 2952

Thread: What's your mood today ?

Thanks
    Thanked 72,461 Times in 8,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    I pose a question to you:

You live in a typical neighborhood with houses next to each other. Street out front. People park in their driveways and in the street.
    You rent one of those PODS things, a 12-footer. Instead of putting it in front of your own house, you have it put in front of your neighbor's house. Without asking first.
    Now, it's perfectly legal, the street is public and no one owns the street in front of their house.

Are you still a Dick?
    go spraypaint "FREE METH @ <neighbour's number and street name>"
    add an arrow, too, if it points away from your property.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,285 Times in 3,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    go spraypaint "FREE METH @ <neighbour's number and street name>"
    add an arrow, too, if it points away from your property.
    That would work nicely with where it's sitting

If they're moving and fill it up in a few days then move it it's all good; If they leave it there as permanent storage I'll be pissed and turn my secret agent mind into preparing an appropriate response, because that would be really rude.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ^ The thing still sits in front of my house. The people appear to have been gone since it appeared....no vehicles have I seen there since....it was just prior to the first of the month when this took place....they may have moved I dunno, I'll keep you posted on developments in this unfolding saga.

Meanwhile

I had recently bought a Jackery 500 - a 'solar generator' consisting of a lithium battery with associated electronics, plus a 100 watt portable solar panel.
    I used it for a while, learned about it, and wrote a review on Amazon:

" I like my Jackery 500 and it will prove useful. It will run my desktop computer with monitor for about 4 hours which I like, and it's great to use and charge small stuff.
    I don't like the long charge times, they should be half of what they are - the charge controller/battery should accept more charge wattage like newer/bigger Jackery's do.
    I would like a longer cycle life than 500 cycles.. If you use it every day (off-grid or vanlife), it will be less than a year and a half before it turns into a 300 watt generator.
    No usb fast charge or usb-c.
    If I had known then what I know now I would have waited, saved more, and bought a Jackery 2000, or another brand's larger unit."

An honest review from what I saw of it. The review was a month and a half ago. Today I got this email:

"Dear Customer,

Hope this email finds you well.

I’m reaching out and wanting to present my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We’re very grateful for your business and support. Thank you for taking the time to post your shopping experiences on Amazon. Your timely feedback has caught our immediate attention, which provided us a great opportunity to identify problems and make corrections for you.

We feel so sorry that Jackery E500 did not meet your needs. For your trouble, we would be more than happy to send a Jackery 160 at no cost to you as our apologize, please confirm your mailing address is the correct one:

EDIT
    ALBUQUERQUE
    NM

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

--

Yours Faithfully,
    Team Jackery

www.jackery.com"

They're going to send me a free Jackery 160! Worth $140! It pays to give an honest review!
    https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Porta...dp/B07FYJVFNK/

As a solar generator it's the smallest, but will be great recharging phones tablets laptops and running lights etc. when camping or during a power outage. It has usb-c and will recharge perfectly with my solar panel. It will be a cool and welcome complement to my 500.

woohoo!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 305,830 Times in 10,086 Posts
    Wow! That's impressive customer service - I guess you'll be a Jackery customer for a while; as well as recommending them to others.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    Wow! That's impressive customer service - I guess you'll be a Jackery customer for a while; as well as recommending them to others.
    Their new generation Jackery solar gens have fixed 2 of the 3 problems I mentioned in the review, but the batteries still only do 500 cycles until they drop to 80%, while most comparable others do 2000 and more. This is big for longevity. They're also expensive compared to others.
    But they're a long-time dependable name and very well built with quality components. All they need to be about the best is a better battery and more competitive pricing.

I closed my response to Jackery's email like this:

"My next Jackery will be the 1500 or 2000, I can't wait until I can afford one!"

Is that too much like e-begging? - but boy it'd be incredible if they sent me one of those instead..

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 57,257 Times in 12,267 Posts
    Bummed and nervous.

The comic book forum I hang out at seems to have winked out of existence.

It's been a couple of days. GoDaddy says the domain is expired, others tell me that the site is "parked".

Even though technically I work(ed) there once upon a time but as a cleaning mod, I have zero idea of anyone's contact info over there.

I guess it boils down to...Maybe they'll come back, maybe they won't.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Do your demons, do they ever let you go..?
    When you've tried, do they hide, deep inside..?
    Is it someone that you know..?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    is that the k-live site? it would be a shame to lose such a long-lived place.

Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    They're going to send me a free Jackery 160! Worth $140!
    look at you, you are the power grid now.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 57,257 Times in 12,267 Posts
    Yeah. I made a comment about it in the comic thread over at 4-Chan(nel) and a reply was made "working on it"
    but then again it's anonymous so the response could be absolute bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    look at you, you are the power grid now.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Do your demons, do they ever let you go..?
    When you've tried, do they hide, deep inside..?
    Is it someone that you know..?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Today I shall forget my cares and adjourn to the shop, where I shall enjoy the refrigerated a/c, put the Jackery through a monthly maintenance and for fun cycle, plant old seeds in containers to sprout, update and put backup on my old pc, watch Fire tv, surf youtube and listen to jams, mesquite grill chicken, drink beer and smoke weed.

While all this is going on my major task is to finally get breadboard ends on the tabletop I'm making. This is difficult because the top is made of leftover construction lumber and is kinked warped twisted and several other things too. My current plan is to get the breadboard ends on any old way then just belt sand the shit out of it until I hopefully get something resembling straight.

So much fun

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    do you have an opinion on those tabletops where they preserve the natural
    edges and fill the large voids with coloured epoxy resin? wood river tables?

I can appreciate idea and the process, but the aesthetic is not for me.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post: