Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: Are You Broken? (Coronavirus Version)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,116 Times in 1,758 Posts
    I got a shot today oh boy

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 305,783 Times in 10,082 Posts
    ^

I'm due my first shot next week.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ^^^^^Not for me, yet. And don't even know if I will get it, when it's gonna be my time.
    For now, they're still vaccinating people in their late 60's. They should start vaccinating people in their 50s next week.......all with either Johnson&Johnson or Astrazeneca.
    I'm still perplexed by those 2 vaccines, as my cousin and even a friend of my father had to be hospitalized after they got the first shot of the Astrazeneca vaccine.
    If it's gonna be either Pfizer or Moderna, I'll do it. But definitely NOT Astrazeneca or J&J.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The EU has finally decided to drop the Astrazeneca vaccine for breach of contract.
    Apparently the UK has been playing games with us, Europeans, by only giving us a lower number of doses than the ones they promised on papers.
    Good news, at last.
    Both Pfizer and Moderna will be sending in more millions of doses between May and July, so all of us Europeans we can finally get vaccinated.

I always had faith in the Pfizer vaccine since the beginning, to be honest. So this news definitely makes me happy.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 57,201 Times in 12,256 Posts
    I can't say which one is better but my elderly ass didn't have any problems with Pfizer.

2nd shot side effects were zero.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Do your demons, do they ever let you go..?
    When you've tried, do they hide, deep inside..?
    Is it someone that you know..?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 379 Posts
    Three of us in our household have been fully vaccinated so far. Two with AstraZenica one with Pfizer.
    My wife had a really bad reaction to ther AstraZenica for the first jab and almost nothing for the second.
    I had flu like symptoms from the first and a day in bed after the second.
    My son had the Pfizer and was really rough after both doses.

There are a million different factors that effect the way the vaccine reacts in each person.

The media should be ashamed of their reporting of the blood clot issue.
    1. The chances are vanishingly small of there being a problem. If you are a woman taking birth control pills, you have 100x more chance of a blood clot occuring. If you take two ibuprofen a day (Brufen, Advil) you are 1000x more likley to have a heart problem or stroke than to develop one of these clots.
    2. Pfizer and Moderna have both also had reported blot clot side effects, although a different type of blood clot.

Honestly, the EU should be ashamed of its vaccination strategy and the amount of deaths that have resulted in the slow roll out to people across europe is shocking.
    From my previous posts here, I've made it clear I am no fan of the UK government and think Brexit was a national disaster, but the EU needs to hold its hand up and say sorry to its citizens for this one.
    Infection rates, hospitalisations and deaths in the UK are falling fast and reopening is in full swing thanks to the vaccination programme. Businesses are open and making money, life is starting to feel more normal.

The AstraZenica contract row has been a sideshow that has been used to deflect the blame from politicians who acted too slowly.
    The UK Governement signed contracts with all of their vaccine suppliers over a month before the EU had. In fact the UK had begun vaccinations before the EU had even approved any vaccines for use and started the purchase process.
    From a legal standpoint, the EU arguement that AstraZenica breahed their contract may have merit, but a court would then have to look at whether AstraZenica should have entered into the contract in the first place.
    Having already signed a deal with the UK and other countries, AstraZenica shouldn't knowingly have entered into a contract with the EU for vaccines it didn't have. Legally, the first contract has weight, the subsequent contracts have less weight.
    If it went to court, the UK could argue that thier contract must be fulfilled before others are considered. The UK has chosen not to do so.

Lastly, bad mouthing the AstraZenica and the Jansen vaccines is not a good idea globally. We need to get a s much of this stuff into as many arms around the world as we can. Places like India, Brazil and Africa will never be able to afford the Pfizer and Moderna in enough quantities as they need - both of which are being sold at a healthy profit.
    They will rely on the AstraZenica which is being sold at cost price and the Jansen which is cheaper than the RNA vaccines.

If the EU have pulled out of using AstraZenica - good. If the UK are not using it for under 30's - good. Lets surge that vaccine to the places in the world where the virus is causing mayhem.

Deaths from COVID 1% of the infected. Deaths from vaccine realted blood clots 0.0001% of those vaccinated.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 305,783 Times in 10,082 Posts
    Got my first shot (AZ). No side effects.

Yet!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The EU sucks, except for countries like Hungary, Norway and Sweden, which are the only 3 countries of the EU that don't like to get order from Bruxelles, but prefer to act on their own (Hungary, for example, has made a deal with the Russians for the Sputnik vaccine, whether other countries, such as Italy, they didn't even bought a single dose, as we always like to get it up our asses from Bruxelles, so to speak).

As far as the vaccination goes, I totally agree with @Arbiec on the fact that, compared to the UK or even Australia, we just sucked so badly at the whole pandemic containment, first, and now with the vaccine campaign.
    Even now that we've got a new Premier, they still haven't set a proper date for people of my age (25-40) for the vaccination.
    It's confirmed that people in the 12-15 range will get their vaccine on June. But still no word about people in their 30s, as I am.

How many months do I have to fucking wait (excuse my swearing, please) to get a vaccine shot? Or even start to work again or return to have a social life like a normal person?

In the UK, Astrazeneca or not, people are all back to their life, having fun with their friends, spend the night outside, while we can't fucking even go to a restaurant or see a relative after 10PM. Are you kidding me?
    So, what? The virus only lives during the night but not during the day? LOL, it makes absolutely no sense at all.
    They're now planning to delay the night restriction up to 11PM.
    And then our politicians complain if they get dead treats on their Social Media accounts?
    Of course. People are absolutely fed up with all this misorganization, and are all extremely tired of having to hear bullshits almost everyday (hence why I stopped hearing the news since 3 days, now).

Regardless of the whole Astrazeneca "chaos", whatever vaccine they offer me I'll do it.
    I'm not afraid of dying, and I had used antidepressants as well Xanax pills from my 17s up to my late 20's, to treat anxiety and depression, and ended up suffering stomach pains as well GI bleeding (for which I might probably need surgery, sometime in the nearest future). So I no longer fear anything, to be honest.

Heck, you can even die from a single dose of strong Heroin or Oxycodone pill, or become a junkie for life, as with the Xanax or Valium. Yet no one prefer to take this into account, including the greatest EU, as well.
    I miss Australia (the country where I was born, and where I spent most of my life) very much.
    Last edited by Soldado; 05-13-2021 at 08:15 AM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,116 Times in 1,758 Posts
    In a week I can take my mask off mostly says CDC. Peoples gonna lie.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 745 Posts
    I got sick a day after my second shot. It wasn't too bad. I've felt much worse.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Poisonous Fungus For This Useful Post: