Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Broken? (Coronavirus Version)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,797 Times in 3,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrC. View Post
    [...] AstraZeneca [...]
    it will probably now be a few days before we hear from mrc again - the first day of astrazeneca is fine - the 2nd/3rd days ....... not so much

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 216 Posts
    Day one was fine, day two was like a hangover, day three, four, five and six have been fine. If I go prodding, I can still find the injection site, but I'm not aware of it otherwise.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrC. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 3,213 Posts
    It strikes me that, since this crap began, to try to protect my mother and myself better, which didn't work out because she caught covid in the rehab hospital anyway (but had no symptoms), I have not eaten fast food or delivery at all, because you can't disinfect a cheeseburger and fries. It's been what, over a year now?

I don't miss it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Last Monday, I called my doctor (a woman) and said, "You know my chart. You know how messed up I was. Whose dick do I have to suck to get bumped up in this line?" I got Moderna #1 that Friday.

The takeaway: if you want to get vaccinated, sorry it's a dog-eat-dog world. I used my leverage with my MD who is affiliated with Honor Health, one of the largest systems in the state. Use yours. If you want to blame me, I will redirect you to Governor Doug Douchey, a failed businessman who now runs this clown show.

While I'm on it, how in the fucking fuck can you run an ice cream business into bankruptcy? IN ARIZONA!?!?!?

Now then, the arm hurt for a day, had a fever of 100º for about the same time. Just plan for it, sit on your ass and do something you like. And with all my shit, and getting over a cold as well, you healthy sorts should be up in no time. My friend Michael, a retired attorney, is 70 and said he didn't feel a thing.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bill_az For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Having read that, I should add that my doctor has a good sense of humor. Her clinic often has interns, and she knows I enjoy messing with their heads. Usually they're from the medical skool in Tucson, so they're kinda wet behind the ears. When she once replied that she didn't know something, I looked at the kid and said (pretty close to verbatim), "OK, junior, today's lesson is: never, Ever, EVER tell a patient you don't know something. If you don't know it, make it up. I won't know the difference. We pay you for hope."

And I smiled, and my Dr laughed. Finally, so did the kid whose name is literally 1 letter away from that of a starting QB in the NFL. And I have never let him forget it.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bill_az For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,214 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_az View Post
    Last Monday, I called my doctor (a woman) and said, "You know my chart. You know how messed up I was. Whose dick do I have to suck to get bumped up in this line?" I got Moderna #1 that Friday
    Just to clear things up, where did you land on the dick sucking thing?
    I'm trying to get my son vaccinated before he goes back to University but I'm not sure I can sell him on the idea

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 56,967 Times in 12,172 Posts
    I felt slightly flushed Wednesday evening on my 1st Pfizer shot, and had a tiny knot under the skin Thursday but zero injection site pain and no real side effects.

From what I've heard and have been told, the 2nd one is the bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_az View Post
    While I'm on it, how in the fucking fuck can you run an ice cream business into bankruptcy? IN ARIZONA!?!?!?
    The big liberal "DQ" lobby had him taken out.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Do your demons, do they ever let you go..?
    When you've tried, do they hide, deep inside..?
    Is it someone that you know..?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 3,213 Posts
    As I hear about everybody everywhere else getting their vaccinations, I check again to see when I can get mine. Last I heard was late April for the general public. Now it's...

"Vaccines are anticipated to be widely available to the general public by mid-2021."

http://www.cabq.gov/environmentalhealth/immunizations

The vague wording makes me think it'll be later than that. We're apparently behind everyone else. I'm shocked.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My father is due to get his 2nd shot of the Pfizer on April 23.
    So far he has not had any side effects at all.
    Most doctors, here in Italy, recommend to take an Aspirin or some Paracetamol, if someone feels feverish or has severe headaches.
    I would've definitely been more concerned if side effects included respiratory depression, seizures, fainting and vomiting, to be honest. But, so far, no doctor has talked about any other potential serious side effects, besides some fever or headaches, with the Pfizer.
    Different story with the Astrazeneca, which now has been only recommended to people in their 70s and school teachers, due to cases of people in their 30s dying due to embolism.
    I say, keep calm, people. We're all gonna make it through this, somehow.
    Stay strong.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 305,654 Times in 10,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    As I hear about everybody everywhere else getting their vaccinations, I check again to see when I can get mine. Last I heard was late April for the general public. Now it's...

"Vaccines are anticipated to be widely available to the general public by mid-2021."

http://www.cabq.gov/environmentalhealth/immunizations

The vague wording makes me think it'll be later than that. We're apparently behind everyone else. I'm shocked.
    Or maybe it's just you...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...accines-481064

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post: