Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And once again, another loss.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,164 Times in 2,951 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Cherub View Post
    It took a lot of thought and a lot of consideration, but I think it's time for me to make a move back to the U.S.A. After 17 years here, it wasn't an easy decision to make. But with my leave to remain visa still left unsorted and other factors, I feel like life is telling me to go, to start over again. I've done what was needed here. I cared for Paul, I cared for Dad. And now it's time for me to care for me and Finn for a while.
    Best Wishes Always

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Artificially Sweetened Toxic_Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,299 Times in 1,393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
    loss plain sucks there isn't anything else. I lost my baby boy and bestest friend 10 days ago, RIP my buddy
    Yes, it does. And the thing is, there is no way to undo it. It is never something easy to go through.
    They become like babies to us, our best buddies, our surrogate children. And the thing is, their life span is never long enough. They give so much to us, so much love and companionship. I will always be convinced that they are angels sent to watch over us, showing us what the meaning of unconditional love truly is.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. If there is a life after this one, I hope it is one where all the loving pets we have ever shared our lives with await us, all healthy and tails wagging happily.

Twitter: Farawaygirl@AnnaHales7

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    And another update......

Someone put in an offer on my house today. Things are moving like an avalanche. I should be USA bound within the month.
    Most likely to my Sisters place for a while until I figure out where I wanna be. And what I wanna be when I grow up.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 247,507 Times in 8,262 Posts
    But, are you going to grow up? Vastly over-rated, imho. Never got there myself.

After so long away, I wonder how the US will look to you. Lots of Irish who have lived in the States for a long time seem to expect Ireland not to have changed and are miffed to discover that everything isn't exactly as they left it. Hope you aren't disappointed with "home".

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    But, are you going to grow up? Vastly over-rated, imho. Never got there myself.

After so long away, I wonder how the US will look to you. Lots of Irish who have lived in the States for a long time seem to expect Ireland not to have changed and are miffed to discover that everything isn't exactly as they left it. Hope you aren't disappointed with "home".
    Honestly Misrule. I'm feeling ambivalent about things.
    This isn't where I feel like I belong anymore. Not sure where I belong. As far as home, this has been it for 17 years. The USA feels odd just saying it. Funny how things change and how they can change you as a person.
    But I have to move forward and right now and this seems like a start. See my Sisters and the rest of my family. It's been a very long time.

I don't wanna grow up. Adulthood is highly over rated. But sometimes we are pushed in that direction, like it or not.
    I need to find my feet again. They have been taken out from under me. And living in limbo......not so good. I know, I have been doing it for a year and five months now.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Cherub View Post
    Honestly Misrule. I'm feeling ambivalent about things.
    This isn't where I feel like I belong anymore. Not sure where I belong. As far as home, this has been it for 17 years. The USA feels odd just saying it. Funny how things change and how they can change you as a person.
    But I have to move forward and right now and this seems like a start. See my Sisters and the rest of my family. It's been a very long time.

I don't wanna grow up. Adulthood is highly over rated. But sometimes we are pushed in that direction, like it or not.
    I need to find my feet again. They have been taken out from under me. And living in limbo......not so good. I know, I have been doing it for a year and five months now.
    If you decide you don't fit in in the US anymore, be a citizen of the world. the geographic spread of Broken members is pretty wide and I am sure we could all use another good neighbour.
    Try us all out and choose the place the fits you best. The USA's gain will be Scotland and the UK's loss.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiec View Post
    If you decide you don't fit in in the US anymore, be a citizen of the world. the geographic spread of Broken members is pretty wide and I am sure we could all use another good neighbour.
    Try us all out and choose the place the fits you best. The USA's gain will be Scotland and the UK's loss.
    Thank you Arbiec. Your last sentence brought me to tears. It's one of the kindest things anyone has ever said to me and it means a lot.
    Everything is happening much more quickly than I ever imagined it would. Especially for a country that is known to take it's time.
    I've loved living here so much. It will be a very bittersweet goodbye.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, I spent all afternoon and evening yesterday crying until my eyes were swollen. And on and off today. The reason? I'm not going to able to take my beautiful Finn with me to America. There are several reasons for this. I didn't know but when we rescued him the contract said that he is not to be taken out of this country. And the vet says that the stress of a what is going to be a 30+ hr. flight with 4 stops would be cruel to him. He is a nervous boy at the best of times, especially when he is away from me. My heart literally shattered into a million pieces. And he knows when something is wrong, and I know that all my sobbing upset him terribly. So I've tried to be calmer today and just love him even more while I still have him with me. I told the rescue centre that I want to keep him with me up until just before I leave. Right now, any excitement I had about starting over has been killed by this revelation. I feel like I've now lost everything that meant anything to me.

I'm trying to keep my mind busy with getting quotes on shipping some personal items there. And also on air fares. Moving internationally is expensive guys. In monetary ways and in personal and emotional ways. I will literally be leaving my life here. I will be starting over from scratch. I should feel some freedom in this, but all I'm feeling right now are losses. Very big losses.
    If all goes as planned, I am looking at leaving here at the end of the month. August in Alabama. I will most likely melt into a puddle with the humidity and those 90-100 F temperatures. I've lived there before it's true. But I've climatised Scottish style now. Will be accepting and signing the paperwork on my house tomorrow. In so many ways, this all just feels surreal. They do say that life is but a dream.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post: