Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: The Good News Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 55,517 Times in 11,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    I'll never be one of the zombies, but I am starting to see a bit of the undead point of view...

My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,757 Times in 739 Posts
    ..and the phone is fun to play with...help me
    Wait until you start playing games on it!
    Seriously though I find the banking and investing apps to be quite useful. Mobile check deposit!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Poisonous Fungus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,567 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous Fungus View Post
    Wait until you start playing games on it!
    Seriously though I find the banking and investing apps to be quite useful. Mobile check deposit!

No, no games. I removed the 3 that were loaded on it. I play a couple on my 10" tablet and that's small enough, the little 4.5" phone screen just won't do it for me. Maybe scrabble.... no. NO! If I get hooked on phone games it's done for me, just like Frosty says. So Nyet. If I know I'm waiting for awhile I bring the tablet, and I'll keep doing that as it's much better to read with, and it doesn't count as being a phone zombie
    Being naturally curious, I've sometimes looked at what people are doing with their phones when I can in public; to see what the big attraction is.
    It appears it's like 10% reading, 40% texting or social media/other communication, and 50% are playing games!

Mobile banking would be the best, I could really use it. Mobile check deposit would be a godsend; just take a pic of the check instead of going to the freaking bank, awesome doesn't even cover it.
    However. I'm too paranoid and inexperienced with this to do it now. It'll take some time and learning before I'd be ok with it, and then maybe never.
    Could you tell me the security you have that makes you feel comfortable with that info on your phone, which you might lose or have stolen, or hacked?
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 12-19-2020 at 10:40 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,757 Times in 739 Posts
    Could you tell me the security you have that makes you feel comfortable with that info on your phone, which you might lose or have stolen, or hacked?
    I think it's not much different from online banking.
    However, my phone has a fingerprint reader and I use it to login to my financial accounts. I don't store or enter passwords in my phone.
    If your phone gets lost or stolen, you can lock or erase it remotely. Search "Find, lock, or erase a lost Android device".
    Alternatively, you can enable two-factor authentication for added security.
    Obviously watch out for 2FA/MFA scams. Do not click on links in text messages for any reason.
    Last edited by Poisonous Fungus; 12-20-2020 at 10:18 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Poisonous Fungus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous Fungus View Post
    I think it's not much different from online banking.
    However, my phone has a fingerprint reader and I use it to login to my financial accounts. I don't store or enter passwords in my phone.
    If your phone gets lost or stolen, you can lock or erase it remotely. Search "Find, lock, or erase a lost Android device".
    Alternatively, you can enable two-factor authentication for added security.
    Obviously watch out for 2FA/MFA scams. Do not click on links in text messages for any reason.
    Thank you for the info Fungus. I don't do online banking either, but the usefulness of it is eroding my opposition and I'm considering it, mobile banking also. I want to put Amazon/Alexa on the phone but that's a risk too.
    No fingerprint reader on my cheap azz phone but I could use 2FA or MFA. I may upgrade the phone soon for the fingerprint/facial reader, also to get a better phone.
    Keeping the phone locked when in public, being ready to erase it remotely etc. should be relatively safe..

I think I'll do it within the next few months after learning more. I would be interested in what my friends here think of this.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ha. My phones' documentation said 32gb max sd card. I saw some reviews where they said it will do a 128gb card.
    I had one, it works. I can put a boatload of stuff on this thing now

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: