Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 548

Thread: The Good News Thread

  1. #531
    No Time To Die BondJmsBond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,811
    Thanks
    21,120
    Thanked 19,216 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Android 12 has finally made it to my cheap ass tracphone. I think I'm about the last to get it.

    Oh well, let's play with it and see what's up!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:


  3. #532

    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 137 Times in 39 Posts
    Some of us are still on nine. 😐

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FQN For This Useful Post:


  5. #533
    Super Moderator Misrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,151
    Thanks
    26,328
    Thanked 331,746 Times in 11,289 Posts
    The Queen is dead; long live the Queen

    She's back!


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:


  7. #534

    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 137 Times in 39 Posts
    This lovely morning is spent in front of the food stamp office. I was approved Friday and I tried to get down here to see if they could expedite it but the weekend got in the way with Juneteenth. If not I'll get them in a few days in the mail either way I'm not starving. Today the Presbyterian Church gives out sandwiches and chips and all that stuff about noon. Hubby hasn't spoken to me since the night we fought, but the kid and I are emailing each other and met clandestinely once or twice. He shut my phone service off and he deactivated my debit card, which killed my PayPal, but as a woman famously once sang I Will Survive. I absolutely despise this phone's keyboard, but it's better than nothing.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FQN For This Useful Post:


  9. #535
    No Time To Die BondJmsBond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,811
    Thanks
    21,120
    Thanked 19,216 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FQN View Post
    Some of us are still on nine. 😐

    12 isn't that great so don't feel bad.

    Some cool new features work, but about half of them don't.

    It's either the features haven't rolled out yet to my phone, or they just don't work on my relatively cheap phone - forcing you to buy the $1200 flagships to get shit to work.

    Pass.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:


  11. #536
    No Time To Die BondJmsBond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,811
    Thanks
    21,120
    Thanked 19,216 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FQN View Post
    This lovely morning is spent in front of the food stamp office. I was approved Friday and I tried to get down here to see if they could expedite it but the weekend got in the way with Juneteenth. If not I'll get them in a few days in the mail either way I'm not starving. Today the Presbyterian Church gives out sandwiches and chips and all that stuff about noon. Hubby hasn't spoken to me since the night we fought, but the kid and I are emailing each other and met clandestinely once or twice. He shut my phone service off and he deactivated my debit card, which killed my PayPal, but as a woman famously once sang I Will Survive. I absolutely despise this phone's keyboard, but it's better than nothing.

    Sorry Frosty.

    Glad to hear from you. We were worried.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:


  13. #537

    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 137 Times in 39 Posts
    You and me both. Luckily, the mail.com account I have has secret questions for the password instead of a phone number verification I don't have.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Misrule, I only thanks of your NUTS posts as I'm in the library.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last night I had a hell of a time sleeping on this semi-secluded gravel road but I can leech off Subway's and another shop's wifi until about ten,
    and I watched both of the old man episodes on my phone, so that's my plan for the night.

    The 480p/x264 stuff seems to do the trick.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FQN For This Useful Post:


  15. #538

    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 137 Times in 39 Posts
    Watched both of the Obi-wan's last night I haven't posted yet last night and can't wait for the last one.

    Tonight I'll try to grab any missing Strange New Worlds and maybe if I get lucky, that last Obi-wan.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hey Bond, where I'm camped out...there's a shitload of Javelinas that go through every morning plus one coyote this morning.

    My dumb ass should have taken pictures but I was in awe of the event. I'll try tomorrow.

    I've learned the alpha male will always stare me down and I'll look away for a second and then he goes on his way.

    They always recognize a fellow badass when they see one.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I got my EBT card yesterday ($141) and the 1st thing I did was have a California Classic at Carl's Jr. and it was better than the best sex I ever had.

    Today was spent finding out what time my Doctor's appt. is tomorrow. I've got to get my sugar levels down & all the free food is white bread based and sugar, sugar and carrying around insulin in this heat isn't possible.

    Then I went over to Primavera (they give out supplies to the homeless folks) to charge my phone, drink some coffee, check for mail, shoot the shit...etc.

    Went shopping at Fry's & Dollar Tree to replenish the non-perishable foods I keep in my bag (potted meat, meat sticks, Jerky, peanut butter, partially whole wheat Ritz crackers, those flavor powder packets for my water..etc)

    They work really great for feeding time at night during my TV viewings.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I actually CAN'T stay at the woman's shelter here because of the whole punching Hubby thing, but there's a Southside Presbyterian church where I can shower every couple of days, and wash my few meager clothes items.

    I don't mind the hot weather or a sleeping on a blanket on the ground but after a couple of days, I reek in this heat and got to have a shower.

    I was (half heartedly joking of course) fully prepared to go door to door and knock and tell whoever answered that I'd blow them if I could take a shower and do a load of laundry afterwards.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm down to almost nothing on smokes, and no one's giving out patches anymore so I guess cold turkey will be an option.

    Finally thanks for all the PM's I got but I'm doing fine even if it does sound like it's harsh, and thanks for the offers of money & checks by snail mail but I'm doing fine.

    Mama's got a bunch of shit to deal with and I need to work it out.

    I got my Yahoo account back up and running so if anyone needs to email me, it's....

    Code:
    thefrostqueen@yahoo.com

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FQN For This Useful Post:


  17. #539
    occupation fool Foamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    13,900
    Thanks
    29,852
    Thanked 463,592 Times in 13,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FQN View Post
    Watched both of the Obi-wan's last night I haven't posted yet last night and can't wait for the last one.

    Tonight I'll try to grab any missing Strange New Worlds and maybe if I get lucky, that last Obi-wan.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hey Bond, where I'm camped out...there's a shitload of Javelinas that go through every morning plus one coyote this morning.

    My dumb ass should have taken pictures but I was in awe of the event. I'll try tomorrow.

    I've learned the alpha male will always stare me down and I'll look away for a second and then he goes on his way.

    They always recognize a fellow badass when they see one.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I got my EBT card yesterday ($141) and the 1st thing I did was have a California Classic at Carl's Jr. and it was better than the best sex I ever had.

    Today was spent finding out what time my Doctor's appt. is tomorrow. I've got to get my sugar levels down & all the free food is white bread based and sugar, sugar and carrying around insulin in this heat isn't possible.

    Then I went over to Primavera (they give out supplies to the homeless folks) to charge my phone, drink some coffee, check for mail, shoot the shit...etc.

    Went shopping at Fry's & Dollar Tree to replenish the non-perishable foods I keep in my bag (potted meat, meat sticks, Jerky, peanut butter, partially whole wheat Ritz crackers, those flavor powder packets for my water..etc)

    They work really great for feeding time at night during my TV viewings.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I actually CAN'T stay at the woman's shelter here because of the whole punching Hubby thing, but there's a Southside Presbyterian church where I can shower every couple of days, and wash my few meager clothes items.

    I don't mind the hot weather or a sleeping on a blanket on the ground but after a couple of days, I reek in this heat and got to have a shower.

    I was (half heartedly joking of course) fully prepared to go door to door and knock and tell whoever answered that I'd blow them if I could take a shower and do a load of laundry afterwards.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm down to almost nothing on smokes, and no one's giving out patches anymore so I guess cold turkey will be an option.

    Finally thanks for all the PM's I got but I'm doing fine even if it does sound like it's harsh, and thanks for the offers of money & checks by snail mail but I'm doing fine.

    Mama's got a bunch of shit to deal with and I need to work it out.

    I got my Yahoo account back up and running so if anyone needs to email me, it's....

    Code:
    thefrostqueen@yahoo.com
    now you need to video your adventures and post them on You Tube. also sending u obi in your 480/264

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foamy For This Useful Post:


  19. #540

    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 137 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
    now you need to video your adventures and post them on You Tube. also sending u obi in your 480/264
    Well, here's today's adventures. This morning I got a few blurry shots of the javelinas. Best I could do without getting too close.

    bulk image uploader

    Last night about 4am, I got up and smoked my last cigarette and looked over and about 8 feet away, one of them was checking me out...I offered him a Dorito but he took off.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The Doctor visit went very well today. My sugar levels aren't too high, in fact they are too low. My A1C was an absurdly low 5.2 which aren't diabetic numbers (even if I still am)
    They reduced my medicine, told me to go have an ice cream cone or a soda and lighten up a little on my eating habits.

    They also put me back on the nicotine patch, and scheduled a metabolic test for tomorrow to see why I'm sweating buckets more than anyone else does,
    they also set up an appointment tomorrow with their person who handles homeless problems (he's got a fancy title but I can't remember it) to see if they can get me started on a housing voucher.
    If I can get in a house, I can then get a job.

    Oh, shit...I don't have my car keys which means they are sticking in the lock of the hatchback.
    I've got to go and I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FQN For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •