Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good News Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 18,038 Times in 3,454 Posts
    What a pain. All I had to do was move the camera. 2 minutes.
    Turns out, it's at the edge of the wifi range, and moving it to the perfect place takes it out of range. In addition, the usb cable wouldn't reach the 2nd best spot. Every good spot was just barely out of wifi or cable range..
    Meanwhile, doing this yanked the cable and bricked the camera so I had to re-activate re-install and reset all the features...

I finally got it fricking working after about 2 hours of fiddling and testing. geez.
    I have to dial in the motion detection area and sensitivity better as I'm still getting too many alerts, but I'm on the right path.

It's pretty cool, check out the night pic with IR night vision, this is when it was pitch black out there. Eerie and ghostly. Whoever or whatever gets picked up by that will have no idea; and that appeals to the secret agent lobe of my brain

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is getting better. You have to severely restrict motion detecting during the day because any breeze will set if off.
    At night with IR it's a different story; you open up the detected area and crank the sensitivity.

Starting to get some interesting results (No more RickRolls ) :

A familiar face in a different place 3.89mb mkv 30 sec

https://1fichier.com/?veg2n9x893vm60pc28la

Attack of Shelob 1.94mb mkv 10 sec

https://1fichier.com/?no3usnam6ix979bomf2r

A chance meeting; a sudden caress 1.08mb mkv 8 sec

https://1fichier.com/?z7hslazzp0ietd89xtzw

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I pulled this guy up today:

It rained yesterday so I didn't check on the plants for 1 day. This happened in less than 48 hours.
    It's one of the smaller plants, all screwed up by being raised under a grolight then stuck out there.
    It put out the male sperm ejector pods as you see, but they're new and I hope none of them opened, it doesn't look like it and that supposedly happens later.
    If any did, and it fertilized the remaining 4 females, I'm screwed and will have seedy crummy pot instead of the mind-bending sinsemilla I'm planning. Fuck.
    I carefully examined the other 4 plants and am confident I have all females now. I read if there's a pollinating male within a mile, my females could be fertilized too so we'll see how it goes.

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    New fan, check it out. It's tiny (4"), usb, uses 1 watt at 5v on low as you see. 3 speeds, this dinky thing on high will blow you away at 3 watts.
    I use 9" 120v fans 24hrs in summer, I have one in my living room, bedroom and shop. Testing side by side, this fan puts out as much air as the 120v fans, it seems a bit more on high. It's amazing. The 120v fans use an average of 22 watts on low.
    That little Jackery will run it for 150 hours on low, the bigger one 500 hours.
    As soon as I saw how well it works I ordered 2 more and will replace my fans, and have the same air but use 95% less electricity.

$6.99.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0991YQRCV

Last edited by BondJmsBond; 09-03-2021 at 04:51 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,383 Times in 8,949 Posts
    that is 'bowling ball return fan for drying your fingers' tiny.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    1 plant has just barely begun the budding process. It already smells, and it's a good smell
    Now begins the danger time though, the smell will bring thieves.
    I don't want to go to jail so I will redouble/triple my stacking of branches (I have plenty) around the plants until I have a barrier that Indiana Jones would have trouble getting through, leaving a secret entrance for me. This should deter all but the most determined scumbags. I'm also considering putting firecrackers in sandwich bags out there with model rocket igniters and long wires back into the house where I'll have a battery and a switch; allowing me to give whoever a BIG surprise if I see them on the security cam. I think I will do that, it'll be fun

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 58,822 Times in 12,767 Posts
    Put up a sign saying "Can you outrun a bullet..? Also available in night vision."
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,383 Times in 8,949 Posts
    1. cheap solar-charging garden light with the light replaced by a laser pointer,
    aimed at an array of mirrors angled to create a seeming Kaleidoscope of Doom.
    Garnish with halloween prop severed fingers.

2. leave a clear and obvious path through the branch wall, but with random lumps
    on the ground. Add a poisonous achtung sign to imply landmines.

(always thought Biden kinda looks like Don Adams - maybe just the shape of his head)

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    6 weeks until the average first freeze here.

Go buds go!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Another plant turned out to be male and had to be killed. So, my crop is 40% down but there's still hope.

I got my new security cam and it works great, very happy with it. I'll post pics/vids if anything interesting comes up.
    I thought it was defective at first, the image was blurry as hell and I was going to return it all pissed off; then I found removing the protective film from the camera lens really sharpened it up

My old burned-out cam, I was going to throw it away, it showed just black after being aimed at the Sun for hours.
    In the very act of pitching it, I decided to hook it up for one last try. It works fine, just perfectly. It must have shut down with the sun aimed at it, and a hard unplug-for-a-while reset fixed it. It doesn't have burnt areas on the screen or anything. Well roll me in chocolate and call me Shirley.
    So now I have 3 cams, which is fine, I can use one for my shop/driveway, one for the front door, and one for the back yard.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: