Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 586 Posts
    I'd like to make an expression within my first amendment rights.

I think
    Donald trump is an ASSHOLE!!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,081 Times in 1,707 Posts
    ^ somehow, one thanks button isn't enough sometimes

"trump had better stop tweeting like a madman or he'll earn himself a nickname - perhaps ..... twitler" ~ george takei

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So he's just compared the US intelligence service to nazi germany and claimed they leaked 'fake' news. This is a dream for Russia watching right-wing america launching propaganda attacks on it's own intelligent services.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ra5whore For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,942 Times in 6,874 Posts
    Well, it's not like the Republican side's had too much contact with reality for the last 50 years or so, so what else is new?
    Sometimes my downloads require the use of Jdownloader 1 with Click 'n' Load or Jdownloader 2...

"My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me...it has only strengthened me."

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,092 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Increasingly concerned as inauguration approaches.

Trump not only at odds with but accusing his own intelligence agencies of making stuff up. Publicly.
    Possibly booting ACA to the curb without a replacement.
    His tweets...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    Increasingly concerned as inauguration approaches.
    We'll get through it. The system is designed to keep any one person from accomplishing things they shouldn't. trump won't make it a full term. He is too self destructive.

On the other hand, the US government is taking a hit and a backslide. trump's complete lack of experience and tendencies toward self indulgence could really screw things up that are already in place. His election is going to force a serious look at protocols. I didn't want trump in the oval office or even in their tiny office with the little seat with the hole in it. But I'm sure this is going to perpetuate a serious and needed government overhaul after trump's funeral..er...I mean impeachment.

The republican party will likely take a hit from this also. They are too integrated into everything. Many want to balance the parties. This might be the straw that does it.
    Last edited by Jesse; 01-13-2017 at 06:32 PM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,942 Times in 6,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    We'll get through it. The system is designed to keep any one person from accomplishing things they shouldn't. trump won't make it a full term. He is too self destructive.
    As bad as he is, Pence is worse so that's not a solution either. We either have a choice of incompetency or malignancy.
    Sometimes my downloads require the use of Jdownloader 1 with Click 'n' Load or Jdownloader 2...

"My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me...it has only strengthened me."

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think they have a ton of dirt on him, they'll get him to sign off whatever bills they want he'll get all the blame and they'll throw him into an impeachment when his usefulness comes to an end. He's a scapegoat but he doesn't know it yet.

Chose your fate orange ducky blackmail by rus or by your own party.

I guess he'll be plagiarizing Obama's inauguration speech too.
    Last edited by ra5whore; 01-13-2017 at 07:54 PM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ra5whore For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    As bad as he is, Pence is worse so that's not a solution either. We either have a choice of incompetency or malignancy.
    I don't know that having trump as the figurehead will be any buffer from Pence. If democrats can dump trump in a landfill then it will be Pence in the cross hairs. If the man is malignant I suppose he'll trip himself up, too. I'm sure there are many people that have made it an occupation to seriously monitor both for anything that would compromise either of them.

I am without doubt that trump has hidden plenty. I have no notion of Pence. Feel free to reveal his diabolical nature.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ra5whore View Post
    I think they have a ton of dirt on him, they'll get him to sign off whatever bills they want he'll get all the blame and they'll throw him into an impeachment when his usefulness comes to an end. He's a scapegoat but he doesn't know it yet.
    I have been dumbstruck why trump was picked to run. It doesn't make sense from any perspective. I thought it was a joke but no one is laughing. I've wondered before if he might be a puppet. I don't think anyone can deny there was tampering in this election. How deep it goes we'll never know. So maybe someone needs a buffoon in the capital. What better choice for a buffoon than trump? I suppose the election could have been spun so the dummy gets the president's chair. Vulnerabilities are seldom reveled before they are compromised. We'll find out how trump won about the same time we are told who really killed JFK.

What would happen if, say five months down the road, it were to become public that the election was seriously defrauded? It it seems it could be just as damaging to slide Hillary into the chair at that point. The back of my mind is thinking if it came to light that the election was rigged that maybe they won't tell us.

Or...

Hillary would have had a hard time against Bernie. What if the whole trump thing was to set trump up to fall so Hilary could walk in? Maybe there is an envelope someplace just waiting for the right moment to discredit trump? I mean, win or loose, it wouldn't matter. Disqualify trump and Hilary gets the seat, right? What happens to Pence?

This was a popularity election. When it comes to publicity, compared to trump and Clinton, Bernie was just gum under the table. But would Hilary's publicity been enough to beat Bernie if trump hadn't been running? She got votes from half the country but only because that half desperately did not want trump.

I'm just trying to understand how an accused child raper, bigot, lecher and conman won the oval office.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: