Quickie Meatloaf

One pound hamburger
    2 cups StoveTop stuffing

Options:
    One or two egg whites for texture
    Chopped onion
    Chopped green pepper
    Cover lightly with tomato paste

Cook in a greased loaf pan at about 375 until center temp reaches 160.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Artificially Sweetened Toxic_Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,337 Times in 1,394 Posts
    When you grow up in the south, meatloaf is an essential part of life. My Mom made the best I've ever tasted. I've tried for years to make it like hers, but it's a no go.
    Still, mines's pretty tasty, so much that when we have these British family and friends over who have never had meatloaf, they end up raving over it and wanting the recipe. Thing is, I don't actually have one. I just throw it all together. And it goes something like this:

Large pack of ground beef or mince as it's called here.
    large onion chopped fine
    Bread crumbs, actually any kind of stale bread is good, just crumble it up well.
    Green pepper chopped
    Salt and pepper to taste. I sometimes throw in a touch of cinnamon and some paprika.
    2 eggs beaten or just mix them in with your hands. (yes, your hands will get very messy!)
    I usually add a little ketchup in now, sometimes a little brown sauce or steak sauce, any kind, but A1 is good.
    mix, mix, mix with your hands until you have it in the shape you want, add as many bread crumbs as you think it needs, it should stick together easily and not fall apart, if it does you need more bread crumbs. I usually end up using at least 4-5 slices of bread.
    Place in casserole dish or oven tin.
    Now, here's the fun part....
    Mix up your special sauce...mine is, ketchup, steak sauce (just a little), enough sugar or brown sugar to give it some sweetness. Then pour on top of loaf and add a few bits of butter, now wrap bacon slices over the top and put that baby in the oven. It usually takes around 45 minutes or so....but cook it until it's nice and bubbly and brownish on top. Then enjoy with some mashed potatoes. The leftovers make killer sandwiches, delicious.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,950 Times in 586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Cherub View Post
    The leftovers make killer sandwiches, delicious.
    My main reason for meatloaf.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: