Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1115

Thread: The Dream Team / All things Trump-y

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 2,520 Posts
    "if i had not been elected president of the united states, we would right now (in my opinion) be in a major war with north korea" ..... donnie t's words from his recent state of the union address

is he really too dim to get that, if he's still having to justify his presence in the white house after all this time, something must be going horrendously wrong .....?

i do, however, agree with his plea that it's time to end the damaging "investigations" that have littered his presidency - he's absolutely right about that - we should be bringing the investigations to a close and moving on to the actual punishment resulting from them instead

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,931 Times in 3,088 Posts

Cool

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwest08 View Post
    Looks pretty much like it's Back To The Past

Girls, set the coat hanger free!

Legalize Everything!
    To Each Their Own

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rbn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbn View Post
    Girls, set the coat hanger free!

Legalize Everything!
    The BBC drama "Call the Midwife" has been focussing on the way things used to be before abortion was legalised this series (Not something I would choose to watch, but my wife forces me to. I am not hooked or anything, I could stop if I wanted to!)
    It is a great reminder of those wonderful times before abortion was legalised. When women were given no control over their own situation and were forced into desperation and denied treatment by trained medical professionals in hygenic surroundings. Instead they took matters dangerously into their own hands, either by trying increasingly toxic home remedies or visiting back street practitioners with little or no training who would "deal" with the problem.

The consequences were often catastrophic.

In places where abortion is illegal, the rich travel to other countries to see medical professionals and those that can't afford to still call on the back street solution.

Surely in a civilised world, that can't be what we want. Give women the counselling and support they need to make good, informed decisions and then support what ever decision they make about their futures.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 47,788 Times in 9,676 Posts
    I absolutely have ZERO sympathy for this guy...

Colorado Sports Store Closes After Anti-Kaepernick Protest Backfires.

Code:
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/colorado-sports-store-closes-anti-123147600.html
    A Colorado sporting goods store is closing after refusing to sell Nike merchandise in a protest against the company’s endorsement deal with former NFL player Colin Kaepernick.

Prime Time Sports, which had been in business for more than 20 years, decided to pull Nike products from its shelves after the company’s deal with Kaepernick to be the face of Nike’s 30th anniversary “Just Do It” advertising.

Owner Stephen Martin said his business struggled after the decision, and “just can’t keep the doors open anymore.”

“Being a sports store without Nike is kind of like being a milk store without milk or a gas station without gas. How do you do it? They have a monopoly on jerseys,” Martin told a local NBC station.

Kaepernick sparked a wave of protests by fellow NFL players in 2016 when he began kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

Nike’s decision to feature Kaepernick in the ads was immediately controversial, with some customers boycotting the brand and even burning their merchandise. President Donald Trump and his conservative backers lashed out at the NFL protests, and Trump attacked Nike for featuring Kaepernick.

Martin also canceled an autograph session with Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall after he became the third NFL player to kneel during the U.S. national anthem in 2016.

“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” the store owner lamented.

Martin, his store out of business, said he doesn’t regret his decision.

“I didn’t give in to big Nike and big dollars. I didn’t give in. I did it my way,” he said. “That part of the military respect that’s in me just cannot be sacrificed or compromised, as I believe Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick both did. I don’t like losing a business over it, but I rather be able to live with myself.”
    Even after losing, they have to pat themselves on the back like they've actually accomplished something.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"I swear I didn't know that .45 was loaded...
    In fact my memory ain't too clear...
    That's not to say she didn't get what she deserved...
    Least that's the way it looked from here..."

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,603 Times in 880 Posts
    I hope you are all right, my Americans friends. I heard about the emerging crisis at the southern border and I feared at one point you had been overrun by illegal immigrants, and US was now a country of the Walking Dead. I'm not rich, but I will wholeheartedly support his Infinite Wisdom, your president, with a dollar or two with his next likely project: Building a wall on the moon to keep real aliens out, not just the illegal ones.
    *Bzz* *Bzz* *Red lights flashing* WARNING! WARNING! filejoker and k2crap posting subroutine corrupted. Unable to create 5mb split archives for optimal cash flow.
    Reverting to suboptimal emergency procedures. 1fichier and uptobox identified as credible backups.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 204 Posts
    Those on the Southern Border should particularly lookout for this guy;

Not sure if the wall will stop him though;

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,931 Times in 3,088 Posts

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 264,162 Times in 8,792 Posts
    Mike Pence, the vice-president, has been in Europe and defended his boss (of course). But his choice of words to decscribe Trump's presidency was interesting, to say the least. He said the Trump presidency was "extraordinary" and "remarkable".

Extraordinary - beyond ordinary, out of the usual. Yep, I guess everyone will agree on that

Remarkable - Worthy of remark, notice or observation; hence, extraordinary, unusual, singular. Similar to the first.

Careful choice of words, or accident? Neither word expresses support or praise for Trump.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 47,788 Times in 9,676 Posts
    ^ If you want entertainment, watch some of those recent speech videos in Munich and Warsaw. No one even claps and you can see his visible distress.

Code:
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1096895035067584512
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"I swear I didn't know that .45 was loaded...
    In fact my memory ain't too clear...
    That's not to say she didn't get what she deserved...
    Least that's the way it looked from here..."

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post: