Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1098

Thread: The Dream Team / All things Trump-y

Thanks
    Thanked 13,214 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    they could have done much more with it. They should have replaced the burglars - maybe Pelosi and Schumer, or McConnell and Ryan.
    stormy daniels and her "bad hombre" mexican sidekick, trying to break into the west wing? - they might have to rewrite the ending tho - nobody would want donald to come out on top
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,672 Times in 3,039 Posts

Cool

This is just way too much

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...231339598.html

An episode of a 1950s Western drama may have foretold America’s current border wall crisis more than 60 years ago.
    Politics today and the show both feature men named Trump with a wall that is promised to protect every citizen from danger.

YEP, ALWAYS KNEW TRUMPIE IS BALD!!!

“Trackdown” aired on CBS between 1957 and 1959 and took place in Texas following the Civil War. The series followed Texas Ranger Hoby Gilman, played by Robert Culp, on his adventures protecting the people of the Lone Star State.

The 30th episode of the show, titled “The End of The World,” premiered on May 9, 1958, and saw a con man named Walter Trump, played by Lawrence Dobkin, attempt to scam the entire town.

https://variety.com/2019/politics/ne...mp-1203106000/

An episode of a 1950s Western drama may have foretold America’s current border wall crisis more than 60 years ago.

Politics today and the show both feature men named Trump with a wall that is promised to protect every citizen from danger.

“Trackdown” aired on CBS between 1957 and 1959 and took place in Texas following the Civil War. The series followed Texas Ranger Hoby Gilman, played by Robert Culp, on his adventures protecting the people of the Lone Star State. The 30th episode of the show, titled “The End of The World,” premiered on May 9, 1958, and saw a con man named Walter Trump, played by Lawrence Dobkin, attempt to scam the entire town.

Snopes confirmed that the eerily prescient episode was real.

The fictional Trump warned the Texans that apocalyptic meteors would strike the town at midnight, but he could protect everyone. “I bring you a message,” he said. “A message few of you will be able to believe…but be not afraid my friends: I also bring you the means with which to save yourself.”

His solution was to build a wall made of magical metal that would repel the meteors and keep everyone safe. As the citizens started to believe Trump, he offered to give them walls for $50 each. However, Ranger Gilman wasn’t convinced. Pandemonium erupted in the town, but in the end Gilman arrests Trump for grand theft and fraud.

Even though “Trackdown” was a fictional show, the events of that episode closely mirror what is happening today. As today’s government shutdown enters its third week with no compromise on the Mexican border wall in sight, the country may be hoping for a Ranger Gilman of its own to bring an end to it

Here's the entire episode

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,844 Times in 9,426 Posts
    I'm sure Clemson felt rewarded for their National Championship, getting dressed up and traveling to D.C so Donnie Two Scoops could serve them cold hamburgers and pizza.

This Dude Really Served Clemson Boxed-Up Fast Food On A Bunch Of Fancy Trays.

Code:
    https://deadspin.com/this-dude-really-served-clemson-boxed-up-fast-food-on-a-1831751345

This dude has no fucking shame...
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still...
    And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    Tell my wife I love her very much, she knows..."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 61,917 Times in 7,222 Posts
    well, I guess you don't need to worry about remembering cutlery
    etiquette when you're served takeaway food on your official visit
    to the White House...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,844 Times in 9,426 Posts
    I'm sure the hour or more old Filet O' Fishes were a big hit.

Apparently he forgot he had a week's notice and an executive chef at one of his hotels less than 5 miles away from the White House.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still...
    And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    Tell my wife I love her very much, she knows..."

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really have doubts about this, whether its appropriate and going too far

it's out there, but totally understand if this is deleted

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ng-meg-griffin

The producers of “Family Guy” are defending their decision to show President Trump groping a character in Sunday’s episode.

The animated series showed Trump groping Meg Griffin, a character on the show who is in high school.

"It’s clearly offensive and gross and not appropriate,” producer Rich Appel told Entertainment Weekly. “But not only didn’t we not want to show it, we don’t want to be too explicit about exactly what happened.”

Meg’s parents, Peter and Lois Griffin, initially do not believe her when she tells them she was groped by Trump.

“Our point was that Peter and Lois found it hard to believe at first that the president could be accused of an unwanted touching, but as is so often the case, people who question someone’s reporting of an unwanted touching realize they need to take it really seriously, and that’s what happens in the episode,” Appel said.

The animated series, which airs on Fox, has gone after Trump on several occasions. Sunday’s episode referenced Trump’s alleged affairs and the "Access Hollywood" tape in which Trump brags about groping and kissing women without their consent.

The producers told Entertainment Weekly that they decided to use the situation of Trump sexually harassing Meg to show that men like Trump can attempt to prey on vulnerable people.

The producers said that they wrote the script for Sunday's show more than a year ago knowing Trump would still be in the news.

“We knew that he was never going to be out of the news,” said producer Alec Sulkin.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 256,122 Times in 8,572 Posts
    The shutdown looked like a mis-step from the start, but there was always the possibility that it was part of some cunning plan. Apparently not. It was a mis-step and an unusually public mistake by Trump.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unhappy

Hey, where's my "Executive Time"???

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    The shutdown looked like a mis-step from the start, but there was always the possibility that it was part of some cunning plan. Apparently not. It was a mis-step and an unusually public mistake by Trump.
    I would be definitely less annoyed with DJT if it seemed like he was doing this with kind of Machiavellian plan in mind, from the start. However, all evidence points to him blundering around like a bull in a china shop (pun intended). I did enjoy Pelosi one-upping him by uninviting him to the SOTU. The Dems are absolutely right here: it's utterly pointless to try to deal or negotiate if Pence and co. doing the actual talks can't "control" DJT from changing his mind and sinking the deal. The Chinese have also expressed annoyance that their attempts to appease DJT seem to go nowhere as he keeps moving the goalposts.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Persephone For This Useful Post: