Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1240

Thread: The Dream Team / All things Trump-y

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 246 Posts
    With everything he said about Obama causing problems in the middle east, the ramifications of killing and Iranian government official on Iranian soil are staggering.

How can the western world tell the Russians it is not okay to kill Russian nationals in the UK, Saudis to kill Saudi dissidents in Turkey if the leaders of the western world feel that they have the right to violate the sovereignty of another country to kill one of its citizens in an extra legal assassination.

Given what Iran is up to around the world, declaring or threatening war would not have been out of the question, but this makes the US look as much of a rogue state as those we regularly denounce.
    Imagine if it had been Iran assassinating Pompeo for his aggressive stance over the Iran nuclear deal and forcing other nations not to do business with Iran.

Not often I find myself agreeing with Iran but Trump has really crossed a line with this; it threatens the peace of the middle east and the world as a whole.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,303 Times in 10,651 Posts
    I think they killed him in Iraq but that's basically the same thing.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

See my baby, tell her, Tell her hurry home...
    Had no lovin', since my baby been gone...
    See my baby, Tell her hurry on home...
    I ain't had, Lord, my right mind since my rider's been gone...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 297,407 Times in 9,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    That's worse! And, they killed the leader of an Iraqi militia that is aligned with the government.
    So, Trump complained about all these foreign wars and wanted to bring the troops back home. The Iraqis agree that US troops should leave. And now Trump threatens them with sanctions...

There really is no American strategy in the Middle East.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Correction accepted, I'm not great at paying att... ooh! look at that butterfly!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,255 Times in 3,340 Posts

Thumbs up

From the F**king Horse's Mouth!

PS about Obama

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 297,407 Times in 9,754 Posts
    2020 promises to be a big year in American politics.

It starts, of course, with the trial of the President in the Senate on 2 counts. Both parties, of course, are making a circus of it, but have managed to keep their senators in line. Mitch McConnell has been particularly successful at herding the Republican senators and if that holds then Trump will be acquitted. That would be great for Trump, but not so good for America.

The consequences of acquittal on the first count (the Ukraine issue) are probably not too serious in the long run, but will embolden future presidents to use the Presidency for personal political gain. Acquittal on the second count would have more serious repercussions. The President is accused of obstructing Congress in its investigations. Congress has a constitutional role in holding the President and Administration to account; that's part of their job. Trump has refused to cooperate and instructed members of his administration not to testify or to hand over documents. If he's acquitted, that would result in a permanent shift in the balance of power between the Presidency and Congress, making the President even more powerful and able to, effectively, ignore Congress. Not good for America.

However, a number of cases are making their way to the Supreme Court that touch on the extent of the President's immunity and whether Administration officials are obliged to respond to subpoenas from Congress. It is likely the President will lose at least one of these cases and will be obliged to make information available to Congress that may well serve as evidence of wrong doing, which could lead to another impeachment. If the President refuses to comply with a Supreme Court decision, the remedy is...impeachment. It is possible that a second impeachment could take place in 2020. And how would Republican Senators vote then?

Oh, and, there is an Election in November, too.

Busy political year in America; let's all hope it's a good year, too.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,388 Times in 670 Posts
    It was somewhat funny and sad at the same time to watch the senators vote 53-47 for everything on the first day.

So much for enforcing impartial justice!
    Play my h/x265 videos with MPC-HC 1.7.9 or VLC 2.2.1

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Poisonous Fungus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,469 Times in 2,701 Posts
    Well, on the other hand it's only 20 votes away from removal from office. That's big in the overview and historical perspective.

What a fine mess we have. You know you're bad off when you can't even fairly make fun of British Politics any more.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,255 Times in 3,340 Posts

Smile

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,388 Times in 670 Posts
    Play my h/x265 videos with MPC-HC 1.7.9 or VLC 2.2.1

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Poisonous Fungus For This Useful Post: