Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1196

Thread: The Dream Team / All things Trump-y

Thanks
    Thanked 16,951 Times in 3,290 Posts

Smile

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,328 Times in 658 Posts

I believe Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian President is one of the less severe crimes that he perpetrated.

He needs to be investigated on his phone calls with Putin, various business dealings, financials and tax returns that were never released, not to mention his blatant show of nepotism.

It is pretty obvious why Trump avoids transparency at all costs. It appears that almost all of his business dealings are shady and require some sort of cover up.

I also think Trump is confusing the title "President" with...King?
    Last edited by Poisonous Fungus; 10-02-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Play my h/x265 videos with MPC-HC 1.7.9 or VLC 2.2.1

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Poisonous Fungus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous Fungus View Post

I also think Trump is confusing the title "President" with...King?
    There's nothing against having a King, look how much the Brits and Canadians love their Queen!

I think he sees himself more as "The Don", like the classic Crime Lord

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to B-Force For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,916 Times in 2,574 Posts
    No love for Bernie?

While I don't want him for President, I certainly feel for the guy. I went through the heart attack/stent stuff with me mum.
    If my mothers' recovery was any indication, he may now feel better than he has in years as his body enjoys returned circulation.
    Look for a resurgent Bernie after he recovers if it's the same.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,338 Times in 2,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous Fungus View Post
    I believe Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian President is one of the less severe crimes that he perpetrated.
    let's not forget that time he bussed in a party of cute baby puppies and machine gunned them on the lawn of the white house

okay, that didn't happen ..... but couldn't we just say it did to get him thrown out??
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

All I wanted was a Pepsi Frosty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,123 Times in 10,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    No love for Bernie?
    I wouldn't want him to die but he's a fake Democrat, so I seldom care what his plans are.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

This is not the greatest sig in the world, no...
    This is just a tribute...
    Couldn't remember the greatest sig in the world, no, no..
    This is a tribute, oh...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 286,026 Times in 9,402 Posts
    Wow. So, Donald Trump has just done the political equivalent of walking down Fifth Avenue and shooting someone. WTF

Nancy Pelosi has been fending off pressure to impeach Trump for some time, but has finally found an issue on which she felt she could move. Two good reasons for her to choose this issue - it's fairly clear, limited and easy to explain; and there is a legal requirement for all Presidential communication to be documented and preserved. That makes it much easier for an impeachment investigation to get hold of the data, that is difficult for the President to obfuscate or deny. And, any attempt to hide, delete or not record the communications would, of itself, be evidence for impeachment. So, well chosen.
    There seems little disagreement on the facts, but plenty of disagreement on how to interpret them. Trump stiffed Ukraine by withholding military aid until they agreed to investigate the son of Trump's likely 2020 opponent. A clear example of abuse of power. And, the aid that was withheld was not in the President's gift, but had been awarded in a rare bilateral agreement by Congress. The President had no role in releasing the money.
    Trump then went nuclear and publicly asked Ukraine and China to investigate his political rival!

On first glance, that looks like a poke in the eye for Pelosi and the Democrats. But, on reflection, it's as much putting it up to the Republican Party and particularly Republican Senators who would serve on the jury for any impeachment trial. As traditional conservative politicians, they mostly have a deep respect for the traditions and rules of Congress and governance. Most of them are staying quiet, but many must be deeply uncomfortable with the President's behaviour.

Two possible motives for Trump's behaviour:

1. He is so confident (over-confident?) in the support of the Republicans in The Senate that he feels he can get away with anything and is, effectively, above the law.

Or

2. He's had enough and wants out; either removed or resign to hand over to President Pence. Then, Trump can return to his reality TV lifestyle as the self-styled "Greatest US President, Ever."

None of this is good for America, but it makes fascinating politics.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 228 Posts
    A half crazy, autocratic leader with a questionable mandate who flaunts the law and scorns the oversight of democratically elected representatives.

I have to laugh at you Americans, that could never happen here in the UK.

Last edited by Arbiec; 10-07-2019 at 06:41 AM.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,952 Times in 1,226 Posts
    I'm simply dumbstruck by the rhetorics of Donald Dumb. He is so unhinged I'm almost lost for words. I'm hoping sane America will vote him out of office in 2020. He runs America like a mob boss. I get tired of all his shit on Twitter and the endless controversies reported in the media. Twitter should have closed down his account. His hate speech must surely be in violation of their terms! Anyway, my 'merican friends have my sympathies for being closer to this human noise factory spitting lies on a daily basis. White House is like ground zero of spite nowadays.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,916 Times in 2,574 Posts
    I wonder if Hillary ran again and got the nomination......hm. A replay of 2016 that would really be something wouldn't it.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: