Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1214

Thread: The Dream Team / All things Trump-y

Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 Times in 1,321 Posts
    And if Jenny (aka Socrates) was to free the prisoners from their cave (ignorance), they would try to kill her.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,124 Times in 2,626 Posts
    I did not appreciate having to watch stinking political ads during the World Series game 7.

I do not look forward to the coming year.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,652 Times in 10,443 Posts
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling...
    Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving...
    Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find...
    Inquisition sinking you with prying minds..

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 290,118 Times in 9,514 Posts
    You'd have to feel sorry for Don Jr. There he goes and writes a book and tries to launch it but gets drowned out - by Trump supporters!

And then he's at Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate America's war dead. He reflects on the lack of gratitude shown to his family for the sacrifices they have made. Millions of dollars, apparently.
    I guess that service families across America might be a bit offended.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,431 Times in 2,716 Posts
    so what's the deal with these impeachment hearings? - for those of us not up on american doings, how do they work and what are the stages involved?

ultimately, what could happen to the tangerine tosser? - what is likely to happen?
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,124 Times in 2,626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
    so what's the deal with these impeachment hearings? - for those of us not up on american doings, how do they work and what are the stages involved?

ultimately, what could happen to the tangerine tosser? - what is likely to happen?

I'm not keeping up with it, but I kinda know.....others could tell you better, but the House holds hearings, has witnesses, then votes on whether or not to impeach based on evidence Trump committed 'High crimes or misdemeanors'. They have their own way of doing it, it's not like a criminal trial.
    Then, if the House votes to impeach they send the case to the Senate where they hold a kind of trial and convict or not, and decide on the penalties which could range from a mild rebuke to removal from office and subsequent prosecution.

As it sits now, the House will vote to impeach but the Senate will not convict, based on their political makeup.

But who knows what may happen.
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 11-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 233 Posts
    What is really fun is to pull up the coverage from MSNBC on one monitor and Fox News on the other monitor and then I pretend to be a superior being looking at alternate universes.
    They are almost the same, same people, similar events but enough differences that let you know you are looking at two different realities.

I am the Anti Monitor - fear me!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Jury acquits Arizona border volunteer Scott Warren of harboring immigrants.

TUCSON, Ariz. – Jurors found humanitarian aid volunteer Scott Warren not guilty Wednesday of intentionally harboring and concealing two undocumented migrants from the Border Patrol in the remote Arizona desert.

Warren, a longtime volunteer with humanitarian aid group No More Deaths, faced up to 20 years in prison. It was his second trial stemming from his January 2018 arrest in Ajo, about 100 miles southwest of Phoenix.

The 12-person jury in Tucson took just more than two hours to reach a not guilty verdict, striking a blow to federal prosecutors who opted to retry Warren after the first trial ended in a hung jury in June.

"The government failed in its attempt to criminalize basic human kindness," Warren told supporters outside the federal courthouse.

Warren declined to say whether, after his acquittal, he would return to the Arizona desert to continue providing humanitarian aid to migrants in the Ajo area.

Border agents arrested Warren, along with two undocumented migrants, Jose Sacaria-Godoy and Kristian Perez-Villanueva, on Jan. 17, 2018, in a building No More Deaths uses as a staging ground for water drop-offs in the desert.

Prosecutors with the U.S. Attorney's Office had accused Warren of intentionally shielding the two migrants to help them avoid Border Patrol detection and providing them directions to bypass a nearby checkpoint.

As U.S. District Judge Raner Collins read the verdict inside the Tucson courtroom, some Warren supporters gasped in relief while others broke down in tears of joy.

Once the jury left the courtroom, Collins issued a ruling on a separate misdemeanor case that Warren also faced.

He acquitted Warren on one count of abandonment of property for leaving behind water for thirsty migrants inside protected wilderness boundaries of the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge. The judge cited Warren's religious beliefs that had compelled him to carry out this work.

But Collins also found Warren guilty of a second count of operating a motor vehicle on a restricted road inside the refuge. He set a sentencing hearing for that misdemeanor for Feb. 18.
    Code:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/20/arizona-border-activist-scott-warren-acquitted-harboring-immigrants/4255342002/

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 290,118 Times in 9,514 Posts
    Following the impeachment circus from afar, a few things stand out.

Firstly, any previous president in the past half century would have been long gone - resigned or removed.
    Secondly, in the current impeachment situation the facts are not disputed; their interpretation is, of course.
    Thirdly, the Republican party have discarded any claim to their principles - which they held strongly in previous Congresses. They stood for certain things - probity, keep the debt down, business, etc. Now, they just stand for power - having it and keeping it. Will that cost them in future?
    Lastly, it seems unlikely that Trump will be convicted by the Senate. But, Republican Senators would do well to remember that there will be a Democratic president in future who will be able to use Trump as a precedent. Scary thought.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post: