Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Tired Of It

Thanks
    ^^^^For some unknown reasons, it seems to happen more with Chrome than with Firefox.
    Tried using just uBlock Origin and Firefox, this morning, and had 0 ads popping up.
    Go figure what Google does.
    Also, I don't know why, but my Moderator scripts gets automatically blocked with every Chrome update.
    Think i'm gonna ditch Chrome for good, as I also noticed that it takes over 4GB of RAM (I have 8GB of RAM/DDR3 on my laptops).
    It's not good anymore.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,907 Times in 3,415 Posts

Spiders

A few weeks of cooler weather with some rain, coupled with it being time for babies has resulted in an spider population explosion. They're everywhere.
    Entering my shop for the first time in 2 weeks Monday I swam through cobwebs, and noticed lots of little spider kids among the webs. I got a broom and swept the webs away, further noticing a ton of spiders now on the broom. Throwing the broom outside I sat on my stool in the shop, saw a blur, then my eyes focused on a tiny spider letting himself down on a dragline 6 inches in front of my face. I have many unexplained itchy bumps on me, those little bastardos.

Fortunately these spiders around everywhere are the not venomous or not very venomous kinds, or I'd be in serious trouble along with everyone else.
    We do have brown recluses and lots of black widows here, but the black widows are very shy and you can predict where they are, and the recluses are, well, reclusive.
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 06-08-2021 at 10:58 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,263 Times in 8,920 Posts
    carry a knife in case you wake up wrapped in spider silk, like
    a Bond enchilada.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The Thing my neighbors put in front of MY house still sits there 3 weeks later. Annoyance builds.

If it goes over a month I'll be pissed and set my mind to doing something rotten to them in return. I'm quite imaginative and creative, and if pushed or wronged first I'll relish the process. That guy putting turds in my garbage is lucky he stopped before I hunted him down

I mean c'mon. Putting something like that in front of your neighbor's house, without even asking, and leaving it there? That's just such an inconsiderate and assholey thing to do.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 311,735 Times in 10,452 Posts
    ^That's a hire thing, isn't it? Does that mean they are paying for it every day?
    Or have they abandoned it?
    Is it open? Think of the things that could be stored in there...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,263 Times in 8,920 Posts
    make sure not to trip and accidentally drill a hole in one of the
    corners at the opposite end to the doors and then put a queen
    bee in there.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    make sure not to trip and accidentally drill a hole in one of the
    corners at the opposite end to the doors and then put a queen
    bee in there.
    It strikes me you'd make a great kind of practical joke Bond villain; I thought of drilling a hole but didn't think of the bees
    Too bad you weren't around in my teens and early twenties when we had like a practical joke gang, usually involving fireworks indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    ^That's a hire thing, isn't it? Does that mean they are paying for it every day?
    Or have they abandoned it?
    Is it open? Think of the things that could be stored in there...
    One that size is about $175/month to rent, it's got a padlock on it. Not abandoned, I've seen cars coming and going from time to time and once saw the door of it was open as I pulled out of my driveway.
    It's possible they dropped it off in front of the wrong house, it is positioned for easiest access to my front door, not theirs at all, and it would cost about $100 to have them bring the truck and move it. That's understandable but I'd like a heads up on it, you know?
    They may be moving at the end of the month, too, and that would be ok.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have to renew my driver's license this morning. It's been expired for 4 1/2 years.

I don't look old for my age - 61 - and have no gray hair where friends my age look like Santa, but I shop where people know me so I never get carded for cigarettes or beer. I've had few other occasion to have to show ID, haven't been pulled over or anything (knock on wood). Also it's weird people seem to generally trust me and not ask for it. In the I think 2 times I've had to show it in these 4 1/2 years, the people didn't notice the expiration date even though it's in big red letters on the license. So I let it slide rather than wait for 5 hours in MVD.

But now I have to have it for banks lawyers Notary Publics etc. for dealing with Mom's estate so it finally has to be done.
    I have to take a written test, which I have studied for. I will see if my glasses will allow me to pass the eye exam.
    I'm doing it at a place where you pay $32 so you don't have to wait 5 hours, it should take about 45 minutes, we'll see.

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 07-06-2021 at 09:27 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 311,735 Times in 10,452 Posts
    Good luck! Didn't realise Bond needed a licence on top of the standard one (to kill).
    You'll be fine.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It sucked. I have to do a driving test; however the places that do that are booked until September!

So I just got an ID and will have to get the DL later.

On the good side, I passed the vision test just fine without glasses.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: