Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Tired Of It

Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 846 Posts
    There is still controversy over whether a high altitude nuclear detonation would cause that much damage.

But we certainly don't want to take the chance.

Crying parents tell their children
    If you survive don't do as we did
    A son exclaims there'll be nothing to do to
    Her daughter says she'll be dead with you...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baddfingerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,971 Times in 1,634 Posts

Being White is ok, don't let anyone tell you different.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/31...port-says.html

I'm tired of white people denigrating white people. Racism is a problem that is not helped by demonizing anyone. It's racism itself, and this 'Professor of Sociology' can't figure that out.

This Esteemed Professor spent a career figuring out that a monoracial family does not include other races? Something anyone with eyes can see? Give me a break.
    You marry and have kids with someone you love, regardless of race. I was going to marry a Hispanic lady, does that make me better than anyone? NO.

Like almost all other whites who do this, it's 'virtue signalling' and a grab for money and attention. The hypocrisy of it is astonishing.

This is, plain and simple, promoting racial hatred. The only people served by this and other racist hate-white ideas are those who want racial division, not racial harmony. This basic truth should be glaringly self-evident.

If the Professor really wanted to do something to lessen white privilege she'd give up her position to a more deserving person of color, give up her home and all assets, and move to a commune somewhere growing sustainable crops. That would be doing some good.

Rant fini.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This morning at apparently 3:28, my bed broke. I woke up lying at about a 20 degree tilt towards one corner.
    I grabbed pillows and blanket and slept on the couch.

Looking at it, the cheap headboard pulled apart and will have to be disassembled and glued/screwed to repair.
    I hope to get it done today as the couch kinda sucks.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

People making lone decisions that affect all humanity

Messages being sent to alien planets where aliens may be - if aliens exist - make me uncomfortable.

https://www.space.com/38803-meti-sig...en-planet.html

"Some critics — most famously, physicist Stephen Hawking — have suggested that the strategy could betray our existence to super-advanced hostile or resource-hungry aliens, with potentially dire consequences for humanity and the rest of the planet."

The METI folk counter this with:
    ""It's really hard to imagine a scenario in which a civilization around Luyten's star could have the capacity to come to Earth and threaten us, and yet they're not able to pick up our leakage radiation," he said, referring to the TV and radio signals that have been slipping out into the cosmos from Earth for more than half a century."

I think this argument is incorrect, as studies have shown that undirected tv/radio signals etc. attenuate rapidly and are undetectable even 1/2ly away from Earth.
    Greatly more powerful signals beamed directly at an alien planet are a completely different thing.
    I also suspect the METI folks know this and beam the message anyway, on the chance their names will go down in history forever as the first people to contact aliens.

I'm with Hawking - listen with constantly improving technology, and don't blindly broadcast our presence as it may be like a sheep loudly bleating in a forest full of wolves.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: