Page 281 of 281 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281
Results 2,801 to 2,806 of 2806

Thread: What's your mood today ?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,439 Times in 2,843 Posts
    I'm alarmed. I saw a bandit on my security cam alert recordings last night.

https://1fichier.com/?jq5um4h8cwjg7c4e4e9q

2.12mb mkv 22 sec
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 05-16-2020 at 03:41 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,005 Times in 2,431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    I'm alarmed. I saw a bandit on my security cam alert recordings last night.

https://1fichier.com/?jq5um4h8cwjg7c4e4e9q

2.12mb mkv 22 sec
    nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,817 Times in 10,943 Posts
    That's cute.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

I can fly but I'll go anywhere...
    Yes, I'll go anywhere with you...
    Time goes by but I'll go anywhere...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Relieved is how I would describe it today. My old dog developed a cough a few days ago which required a trip to the vets: not as easy as you're not allowed in & have to wait outside for them to come out & collect the patient, and then bring them back out.
    Being an 11 year old Dobe, there were real concerns as it could indicate cancer or heart issues. The vet on Friday morning reckoned on it being kennel cough as it was a dry cough without any sounds of fluid, and his heart seemed OK so some antibiotics were prescribed.
    Friday night he got worse and you could hear the rasping of fluid in there and the cough had got really bad. The standby overnight vet I called said he'd probably be OK for the night and booked him in for an x-ray first thing. I dropped him off and waited what felt like an eternity for the call back. The vet who examined him this time said that the x-ray showed his heart was the right size & shape and there were no suspicious shadows on the lungs, but there were pretty clear signs of a well developed infection going on.
    Strange as it might seem, only being an infection was the best news I could have expected and the drugs from Friday were still the right ones for him, although he'll need more.

I picked him up a little while later & he was still pretty much out of it from the sedative: he looked really drunk. He'd try to stand & slowly fall down; if he sat then his elbows would bow out until gravity won out again. He slept most of the afternoon and had a reasonable night's sleep - the cough has abated quite a bit & there's less sounds of fluid now.

He's still a bit flat today but looks like he's responding well to the meds so I'm coming down off the ceiling a bit.
    Last edited by MrC.; 05-17-2020 at 04:49 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,817 Times in 10,943 Posts
    Great news that it's something treatable. Give that good old puppy dog some treats and some love from me.

My 1st younger sister and her husband had a Dobe back in the day.
    Hearing talk that you do about certain breeds (usually wrong), I was a little apprehensive at first, until I realize the only thing I had to worry about
    was how that big girl was going to fit into my lap when I came over.

They eventually had to find another home for her just because of her energy level around the babies, but she was a good girl.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

I can fly but I'll go anywhere...
    Time goes by but I'll go anywhere...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah, they have an unfair reputation. This is my fifth and I've pretty much always had one since I was 4.
    The last 3 have all been re-homes: this guy's owners were emigrating & he couldn't go with them, The one before him was sent back to the breeder for roughly the same reason as your sister's: baby came along after dog & mum couldn't handle both. The one before her was a proper rescue though, a couple had her but split up and neither was in a position to keep her so she ended up with one of the parents. They didn't really want her and she was kept in a cage most of the time until a couple who bred them found out and basically forced them to give her up. I was at theirs looking at another dog for my better half and saw this fairly timid, pathetic looking girl keeping away from us and ended up taking her home that night.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC. For This Useful Post: