Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279 LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 2783

Thread: What's your mood today ?

  1. #2771
    Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Strawberry Fields
    Posts
    11,017
    Thanks
    55,513
    Thanked 50,715 Times in 10,470 Posts
    Sad.

    We've been "battling" for months with the female stray kitty (Hoppy) we rescued and we have an appointment to surrender her to the animal shelter here next Friday, November 8th.
    She's never been much for covering her waste up in the litter box but now she doesn't even bother use it most of the time.
    We've been to the vet to see if it was medical, we've added other litter boxes, different types of litter, enzyme sprays, more private areas and she's just not going for it.

    We've got the "accidents" mostly confined to the spare bed here in the guest/computer room.
    The blanket(s) on it is washed a couple of times a day afterwards and there's a couple of vinyl waterproof zipped mattress liners that we swap out while the other is washing.
    The truly sad, sad thing is that other than this, she is simply a wonderful kitty but we can't live like this anymore.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC



    Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling...
    Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving...
    Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find...
    Inquisition sinking you with prying minds..

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:


  3. #2772
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,857
    Thanks
    19,224
    Thanked 66,595 Times in 7,850 Posts
    at least you've given the cat a better chance in life than that of
    a stray and perhaps a new home will help sort out the behaviour.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  5. #2773
    No Time To Die BondJmsBond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,632
    Thanks
    16,399
    Thanked 14,145 Times in 2,631 Posts
    I'm looking forward to the next week or so, when the Daylight Savings Time kicks in the winter benefit - an extra hour of sleep. aaahhhhhh.

    Too bad it's tomorrow, instead of today when I really could have used it at 5:30 this morning.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:


  7. #2774
    Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Strawberry Fields
    Posts
    11,017
    Thanks
    55,513
    Thanked 50,715 Times in 10,470 Posts
    Daylight Savings Time..? What's that..?
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC



    Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling...
    Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving...
    Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find...
    Inquisition sinking you with prying minds..

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:


  9. #2775
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,857
    Thanks
    19,224
    Thanked 66,595 Times in 7,850 Posts
    it's like pickling, but with daylight.


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  11. #2776
    Super Moderator Toto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Rhine-Westphalia
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    17,138
    Thanked 12,651 Times in 2,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next week or so, when the Daylight Savings Time kicks in the winter benefit - an extra hour of sleep. aaahhhhhh.

    Too bad it's tomorrow, instead of today when I really could have used it at 5:30 this morning.
    We had that last weekend and the result is now that it's already dark at 5pm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:


  13. #2777
    Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Strawberry Fields
    Posts
    11,017
    Thanks
    55,513
    Thanked 50,715 Times in 10,470 Posts
    Bummed.

    We kept waiting for our Figi's Christmas catalog to come in the mail only to find out that they went out of business in March.
    Had to request a Swiss Colony catalog on their website instead because we love paying more for less.

    Either way we aren't going to the store, buy similar things for a dozen or more people and then wrap them and mail them out.

    Frak that. "Here's some meat and cheese. Merry F***ing Christmas!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Sad.

    We've been "battling" for months with the female stray kitty (Hoppy) we rescued and we have an appointment to surrender her to the animal shelter here next Friday, November 8th.
    She's never been much for covering her waste up in the litter box but now she doesn't even bother use it most of the time.
    We've been to the vet to see if it was medical, we've added other litter boxes, different types of litter, enzyme sprays, more private areas and she's just not going for it.

    We've got the "accidents" mostly confined to the spare bed here in the guest/computer room.
    The blanket(s) on it is washed a couple of times a day afterwards and there's a couple of vinyl waterproof zipped mattress liners that we swap out while the other is washing.
    The truly sad, sad thing is that other than this, she is simply a wonderful kitty but we can't live like this anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    at least you've given the cat a better chance in life than that of
    a stray and perhaps a new home will help sort out the behaviour.
    By the way, we finally got the accidents confined to a bathroom with a linoleum floor with about a 75% chance of her peeing in the litter box, and a 25% of her pooping in it,
    so we went ahead and talked between the 3 of us & cancelled the surrendering her to the animal shelter purely based on her adorableness.

    Our new normal.

    1. That bathroom door is open all the time a human being isn't currently using it. Accidents are cleaned when found & the floor is swept and mopped every few days.
    2. The living room couch has two trash bags across the cushions when someone isn't sitting on it, as she hates walking on plastic.
    3. That guest bed in my computer room has the bedding stripped off of it and just has the vinyl mattress pad and a small folded blanket at the end for the two cats to lay on.

    So far no accidents that can't be cleaned up relatively easy, and NONE outside the bathroom.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC



    Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling...
    Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving...
    Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find...
    Inquisition sinking you with prying minds..

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:


  15. #2778
    Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Strawberry Fields
    Posts
    11,017
    Thanks
    55,513
    Thanked 50,715 Times in 10,470 Posts
    Content.

    I cleaned out the refrigerator earlier and by cleaning, i mean detergent and water and all that jazz. Inside and out.
    As a reward, I had a small bowl, a glass of Merlot and then lit my favorite peaches and mango candle and watched the latest Mandolorian.

    It's so nice to watch some live action Star Wars that isn't about Skywalkers and such.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC



    Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling...
    Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving...
    Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find...
    Inquisition sinking you with prying minds..

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:


  17. #2779
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,857
    Thanks
    19,224
    Thanked 66,595 Times in 7,850 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I cleaned out the refrigerator earlier...
    hopefully there weren't too many crotchety archaeologists.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  19. #2780
    Toot toot, hey, beep beep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Strawberry Fields
    Posts
    11,017
    Thanks
    55,513
    Thanked 50,715 Times in 10,470 Posts
    No, it never gets that bad but with a kid in the house, there's a spill here and there and of course dirty fingerprints on the door.
    I go through the inside every week or two and anything suspicious gets fed to the dog/cats or tossed if it's un-salvageable.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC



    Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling...
    Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving...
    Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find...
    Inquisition sinking you with prying minds..

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •