Page 304 of 307 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3070

Thread: What's your mood today ?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 3,469 Posts
    Hope it turns out good for you guys.
    You can fill the tub then scoop it out with a 5-gal. bucket to flush the loo; generally just pour some water in the bowl and it'll siphon itself out.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 58,870 Times in 12,792 Posts
    Once they figured Noah wasn't ark-building today they came out and a couple of very sweaty guys with shovels and pickaxes
    came out and knocked the trenbch out in a surprisingly short amount of time.

We got that nice steady rain yesterday and all that mud and caliche just scooped out of there. (Bond nods head knowingly)

It's been dry enough for a lot of the previous rain to soak up so yesterday's rain wasn't an issue. Just made the ground good and wet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny fact: I was sitting there this morning watching them just digging away and my husband asked me if i wanted to be alone.

THIS is why I love the man and why he gets the Golden "Honey, I just accidentally killed a stripper and I need help burying her" Ticket.

I've never met another person on the face of Gawd's Green Earth who got me like this exceptionally kind and loving human being has.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,449 Times in 8,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    ...killed a stripper and I need help burying her...
    how fortunate that you have a trench that needs backfilling.

Bonus points if her name is something like 'Roxy'.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,120 Times in 3,093 Posts
    i wanna marry a lighthouse keeper .....
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I keep plastic ice trays in my freezer, covered with plastic wrap, with chicken broth, pinto beans, etc. for servings as needed; it works great.
    Somehow my chicken broth ice tray fell into the ice maker and got all crunched and jammed up under the corkscrew thing that feeds the ice cubes through the door. I looked at it and determined there's no possible way that could have happened - but there it was, another testament to Murphy.

My kitchen is tight; to get the icemaker box out of the fridge I had to move furniture, the stove, and pull the refrigerator way out.
    Once out, the ice tray was so perfectly jammed under the corkscrew it was locked and immovable.
    After waiting for the chicken broth cubes to melt enough to come out of the tray I held the icemaker assembly upside down and shook it; too late realizing this was better done over the sink.
    I had to use sheet metal snips and cut the plastic ice tray into little bits in situ to get it out. Back in the fridge, it works, and I moved the kitchen back into place. Hooray.

A bit worn out now, I toasted bread for a sandwich. Upon plunging the toaster lever to begin said toasting, a spark and sizzle sound came from the toaster so I instantly jerked the cord out of the wall. Reflexes still in order.
    On inspection, somehow a twist-tie had fallen into the toaster and shorted out a wire. It took the wire out, so my toast henceforth has a small bald spot on one side of one slice to remind me of this moment, as I found when re-toasting more bread.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    sounds like a poltergeist or maybe a gremlin.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 58,870 Times in 12,792 Posts
    Gremlins are a bit more mischievous in their natural environment.

My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    sounds like a poltergeist or maybe a gremlin.
    I figured it out. Sometimes, I'll put stuff for a second on the part of the icemaker that sticks out of the door, while making a place for it. If forgotten there instead, that stuff could indeed fall into the icemaker when the door was shut. Good, that was bugging me.

A high school friend had a Gremlin like that but yellow. It had no back window, and the exhaust got sucked right into the car.
    The driver's door didn't latch. Riding passenger once, after a turn, I heard a voice from outside the car, looked over, and there was my friend running in the street hanging on to the door and saying "Hit the brake. Hit the brake" I remember his voice was very calm. I shot my foot over there and hit the gas instead. We went over a curb into a yard before I found the brake, right in front of a huge bush.

Good Times.

Last edited by BondJmsBond; 09-23-2021 at 09:48 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    ...and there was my friend running in the street hanging on to the door and saying "Hit the brake. Hit the brake" I remember his voice was very calm.
    "this type of thing happens all the time" calm?

or

"time-travelling assassin sent back to eliminate you before you
    can invent chicken broth cola" calm?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    "this type of thing happens all the time" calm?

or

"time-travelling assassin sent back to eliminate you before you
    can invent chicken broth cola" calm?

I think it was the former; in retrospect this had probably happened to him before, so he knew to stay calm and not panic. After that he had a C-clamp holding the door shut.

I'll never forget how surreal it was to look over at the driver and see him out there running alongside the car. You know how time slows in these moments - I remember not only his calm voice, but being angry that he wasn't driving like he was supposed to.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: