Page 262 of 274 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2734

Thread: What's your mood today ?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,866 Times in 2,596 Posts
    mightily amused, ashamed and bewildered at the same time

just been checking out a uk story about a 22 year old idiot, who "works" as a "social media influencer", and fancied a trip for a few days to dublin with her boyfriend around valentine's day

being a "social media influencer", she naturally emailed a few hotels asking whether they would be interested in being featured in her online blog or twitter feed or whatever in return for a few nights of free accomodation

she felt the need to respond online with disbelief and indignation when 1 hotel responded by pasting her request on its own twitter feed with a reply detailing just why their answer was no

"if i let you stay here in return for a feature in your video, who is going to pay the staff who look after you? - who is going to pay the housekeepers who clean your room? - the waiters who serve you breakfast? - the receptionist who checks you in? -who is going to pay for the light and heat you use during your stay? - the laundering of your bed sheets? - the water rates? - maybe i should tell my staff they will be featured in your video in lieu of receiving payment for work carried out while you’re in residence" wrote a hotel representative

as part of the i'm-so-hurt response from the "social media influencer" was the assertion that people over 30 just don't understand social media

the back-and-forth went on for a little while, with the hotel even printing up some t-shirts along the lines of "i demanded freebies at the [hotel name] and all i got was this lousy t-shirt" - well played

i am truly embarrassed to be a witness to this generation of spoiled, hypersensitive, entitled lunatics
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 48,731 Times in 9,892 Posts
    That's hilarious...
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do,
    because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Susan B. Anthony.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A little cranky because I have to wear a dress for a function tomorrow and I just got finished shaving my legs.

Susan B. Anthony.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ^

i hear ya - we've all been there

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,108 Times in 2,398 Posts

The Best Present

Frosty sent me a pm hoping all is ok with me, that was very nice and I should post this now.

Thanks Frosty. About a week ago I noticed a golf-ball sized lump on my mother, where her neck joins her shoulder. She said she didn't even know it was there.
    It was a Sunday, so off to the ER we went. They did a needle biopsy and we waited for the results. I can't describe how awful that was.
    Christmas Eve - best gift I ever got - I was told it's benign, no cancer. I can't describe how great that was.
    Upon telling mother, she replied "I forgot, I've had that for forty years, and sometimes it swells up." It's a cyst. I can't blame Mom, her memory is just about gone, but boy waiting for those lab results would have been a lot easier if she had remembered it's a cyst. jeezus. I think I aged a year, couldn't sleep, etc. I don't believe she would survive chemo or radiation therapy, and it's unknown if they would have even offered it due to her advanced age and condition.

She'll be offered surgery after the holidays to remove it, but she says she will refuse.

I didn't want to post publicly and bring everybody down right before Christmas, especially now it turned out to be ok, I'm glad I didn't.

I feel great now, caught up on sleep the last 2 days, and the world is my oyster again!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,275 Times in 2,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    Frosty sent me a pm hoping all is ok with me, that was very nice and I should post this now.

Thanks Frosty. About a week ago I noticed a golf-ball sized lump on my mother, where her neck joins her shoulder. She said she didn't even know it was there.
    It was a Sunday, so off to the ER we went. They did a needle biopsy and we waited for the results. I can't describe how awful that was.
    Christmas Eve - best gift I ever got - I was told it's benign, no cancer. I can't describe how great that was.
    Upon telling mother, she replied "I forgot, I've had that for forty years, and sometimes it swells up." It's a cyst. I can't blame Mom, her memory is just about gone, but boy waiting for those lab results would have been a lot easier if she had remembered it's a cyst. jeezus. I think I aged a year, couldn't sleep, etc. I don't believe she would survive chemo or radiation therapy, and it's unknown if they would have even offered it due to her advanced age and condition.

She'll be offered surgery after the holidays to remove it, but she says she will refuse.

I didn't want to post publicly and bring everybody down right before Christmas, especially now it turned out to be ok, I'm glad I didn't.

I feel great now, caught up on sleep the last 2 days, and the world is my oyster again!
    Larry said once overthere at PS:There is a special Place in Heaven for Sons who have taking care of their Moms.
    I'm glad your Mom is fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,387 Times in 3,178 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post

We're so very happy for you and your Mom!!

suzi and dawny

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My mood is good.

I had a long Facebook chat with a wayward sister that didn't involve an argument for once so tonight was a good night.
    Laughed, chatted, swapped pics of the kid(s) back and forth and no one was called a bitch (at least not in anger).

Susan B. Anthony.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    painful swollen mass on the back of my head, throbbing headache that's into it's 7th day, impossible to sleep for very long, earache, neckache

mood is ........... irritable

still, my boss has got it into his head that it's a tumour and i'm keeping it secret so i can get away with murder at work at the moment

swings and roundabouts, eh?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 64,039 Times in 7,524 Posts
    have people been telling you that you look taller?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post: