Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Things I Don't Understand

Thanks
    Thanked 12,001 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiec View Post
    I think he said "Mein Gott, Switzerland is einfrieren ins winter und mein heizung is gebrochen, wo ist der ingenieur..... Ich gehen zu Princeton!"
    German Translation.

"Mein Gott,die Schweiz friert ein und meine Heizung ist defekt,wo ist der Ingenieur....Ich gehe nach Princeton!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    German Translation.

"Mein Gott,die Schweiz friert ein und meine Heizung ist defekt,wo ist der Ingenieur....Ich gehe nach Princeton!"

Sorry
    My German was always poor and it hasn't improved with lack of practice. I promise to write it out 100 times until I get it right.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,996 Times in 2,175 Posts
    Again, (I've posted about this before), and amazingly, an adult teacher sends nude pictures of herself to an underage student over social media, and is horrified when caught at it - losing her career, marriage, and probably freedom.

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-miss-kentu...231826714.html

Please explain to me how it is possible for any person with the ability to reason to do this?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    On a side note, the young gentleman in question received medical attention for swelling in both hands due to all the high fives he received.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My German freund - his wife said she wants to leave, you remember, and get this - He has bought her an apartment and is paying to furnish it; he says it's taking all his savings.

They remain married and cooperate where the kids are concerned, but they live separate lives now in different homes.
    He explains it by saying she could demand support if it goes to divorce court etc. and he wants to avoid that.

I have asked, begged, and demanded that he at least go see a lawyer to determine what his options are and if what he's doing is the right thing. He won't.

I've not been married and divorced so I don't know the drill, especially where German law is concerned; but from what I'm hearing she's draining him for what she can get before they legally split up. But what do I know, he could be doing the right thing, at least for his conscience.

He's a great guy and a manipulative selfish person could take him to the cleaners, probably. I have never met his wife so I can't say what kind of person she is, but what is happening just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I'm afraid what will happen is my friend will suddenly wake up when he hears she is seeing someone else, and it all goes straight to Hell from there. If she isn't seeing someone else already. My spidey senses are telling me that's probably what this is about.

I'd appreciate any input or advice from people who are more experienced and wise about this than I.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quantum Entanglement

This is some cool stuff. Two subatomic particles that mirror changes in each other instantaneously over any distance. Einstein didn't buy it, but growing evidence may prove him wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGF34iPfPDY

Quantum mechanics is used in things today - lasers, transistors, (without which we wouldn't have computers) and now computers using it directly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRaEvXF4YBg

Quantum mechanics and specifically entanglement leads to the assumption that there is an entire unknown level of physics underlying all we know so far.
    Entanglement, if true, means there is a system of instantaneous communication throughout the universe. If we could understand and use it - a big if - we could communicate data and material, including perhaps ourselves, across the universe instantly! This would put light speed to shame at it's paltry 186,000 miles per second.

Imagine transfer booths where you enter, push a button and bink - you're on Mars. Or Dagobah. Or Walmart.

Of course this is just pie-in-the-sky, but it's fun to think about.
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 01-26-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: repl link w/ no ad utube vid of same NOVA show

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 61,863 Times in 7,210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    Imagine transfer booths where you enter, push a button and bink - you're on Mars. Or Dagobah. Or Walmart.
    Dagobah is a planet entirely covered in swamp, so you'd assume they
    have a lot of bugs. What happens when you get in your Bink Booth with
    some unseen contamination?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    Dagobah is a planet entirely covered in swamp, so you'd assume they
    have a lot of bugs. What happens when you get in your Bink Booth with
    some unseen contamination?

I guess the bugs would have to be worked out

One other effect of figuring this out - no more lag in online games! No more noobs killing you and laughing because they live closer to the game server and/or have a faster connection.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh, my German freund, he finally went and spoke to an attorney. Then he found out his wife has had an attorney advising her about this for approx. a year - well before she told him she wants a separation.

He has been paying for her attorney all this time, he just didn't know it.

They are still on good terms however, and he wants it to stay that way for the kids' sake.
    Last edited by BondJmsBond; 01-26-2019 at 07:56 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,214 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    he wants it to stay that way for the kids' sake.
    damn those kids ...... money grubbing bastards

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post: