Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The NBA Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 48,430 Times in 9,817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    Holy mackerel 153 million.

I'm not sure if I like this pattern of NBA stars getting together and deciding who wins next season.
    It started with Lebron going to Miami, then the Warriors, now this.

But if it ends with Curry getting that smug smirk wiped off his face, I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    you should rock up (in basketball shorts) and tell them your name is
    "lebond" and perhaps they will mistakenly hand you a sack of money.

From the article I read earlier, it seems even the lowest tier of Lakers season tickets jumped up about $1500 in price to about $5800.

And that's in the nosebleed section.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"I swear I didn't know that .45 was loaded...
    In fact my memory ain't too clear...
    That's not to say she didn't get what she deserved...
    Least that's the way it looked from here..."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,219 Times in 3,145 Posts

Cool

there are a number of other reasons why Lebron signed with the Lakers,
    and NOT just to win Games, etc

He spends most of his off-season in Los Angeles, has at least 2 Brentwood Mansions

At the last minute, he flew into LA to discuss his plans with Magic Johnson, another
    player who created a personal fortune from time at the NBA, and that clinched the deal

LeBron has partnered in a content creation deal with Warner Bros Entertainment that will put his SpringHill Entertainment banner
    on the studio track to generate content in TV, movies and digital. Kevin Tsujihara, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros, James and
    his SpringHill cofounder Maverick Carter are calling the arrangement unprecedented.

http://shentertainment.com/

http://shentertainment.com/about.html

He wants to be a Mogul

Trainwreck 2015 was his, for instance
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3152624/

LeBron has already produced a host of shows like, Survivors Remorse, The Wall, and Cleveland Hustlers.

Plans in the works for

The Allan Iverson Movie
    Bad Boys 3
    Space Jam 3
    A Clockwork Orange Remake Starring Drake
    X Men & Avengers Crossover

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    From the article I read earlier, it seems even the lowest tier of Lakers season tickets jumped up about $1500 in price to about $5800.

And that's in the nosebleed section.
    ya, that's so crappy, the jerks

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DeMarcus Cousins just agreed to a 1 year deal with the Warriors. The rich get richer.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest08 View Post
    ya, that's so crappy, the jerks
    To be fair, their payroll just went up a lot. The Laker shills will pay for it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cool

From the internet: 4 potential team-mates (minus the 5th one, Cousins) who could join him in La La Land in this already crazy free agency period:

KAWHI LEONARD

Leonard, a Los Angeles native, has seen relations with the San Antonio Spurs break down, with suggestions he is willing to sit out this season if a trade cannot be worked out. Despite coming off a season where he refused to play due to injury, he remains one of the top five players in the NBA, and would be the best team-mate James has played with since his Miami Heat days.

JAMAL CRAWFORD

This ball handler extraordinaire has long been rumoured as a potential team-mate for James, and openly stated that he would have joined the Cavaliers last season had Isaiah Thomas not been acquired. Having spent last season with the Minnesota Timberwolves, he will be in demand on the open market, and would be an able stop gap as the injured Lonzo Ball works his way back to fitness.

NERLENS NOEL

After flaming out of Dallas in a horrible 2017-18 season with the Mavericks, Noel is at a crossroads in his career. While the market for his services will not be huge, his agent Rich Paul, who famously represents James, might look to steer his young charge towards the Lakers. Even with the reported signing of JaVale McGee, Noel would provide a cheap alternative.

CHRIS BOSH

A member of Miami’s 'Big Three' alongside James and Dwyane Wade, Bosh has sat out of the league after a life-threatening blood clotting issue. The 11-time All-Star has declared himself fit to return to the hardwood, but how willing teams would be to take a risk on the Texan is another question. If he does look to re-enter the league, a minimum deal could prove a steal.

Last edited by wildwest08; 07-03-2018 at 12:19 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwest08 View Post
    KAWHI LEONARD

Leonard, a Los Angeles native, has seen relations with the San Antonio Spurs break down, with suggestions he is willing to sit out this season if a trade cannot be worked out. Despite coming off a season where he refused to play due to injury, he remains one of the top five players in the NBA, and would be the best team-mate James has played with since his Miami Heat days.
    Cons: He's a spoiled child and a potential poison for your team. Very thin-skinned.
    Pros: He's honestly a better player if he's got a superstar or two around him...if he's got to be the superstar, results may vary.

If I owned my Spurs, I'd deal him Eastern Conference and if he wants to refuse and throw a fit...let him throw a season long unpaid hissy fit.
    I'm sure that shoe deal extension he's searching for would love to have a 2 time heel that bailed on his team as their spokesman.

His people wanted a extension with Jordan's brand but the talks stalled out after his pouting this last season.
    He was making about $500k a year which is pigeon feed in this league for shoe deals.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,893 Times in 2,347 Posts
    Woweeie James Harden saved the Rockets in regular and OT from the Lebron-less Lakers, great game glad I decided to watch it.

I'm torn, I don't really care for Harden but I gotta root for the Rockets.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have a lot of respect for Mark Jackson.

As a player, a coach, and mostly because he's worked next to Jeff Van Gundy all these years and never once broke his head off and threw it at him.

They're hilarious together, and pretty much the only reason I'll watch a regular season NBA game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow Houston just beat Golden State, at Golden State, without James Harden (injury). Chris Paul played like he was ridden by Demons .

Take that, smug Curry and Durant! I dislike DeMarcus Cousins even more since I saw some things he did tonight.

Jeff Van Gundy wasn't there tonight with Mark Jackson, so I watched the game on mute while I did other things.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post: