Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ Squirrel

Artificially Sweetened Toxic_Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,318 Times in 1,394 Posts
    ^ I thanked Ninetails post, but I did it with my hand over my eyes.^

Where is he getting these vile recipes? Next he'll be putting out a cookbook......

Twitter: Farawaygirl@AnnaHales7

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toxic_Cherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Deer Meat

Deer meat, or venison, is a terrific and healthy alternative to beef. Naturally low in fat, venison can be prepared in a variety of ways. At Broken Arrow Ranch, we want you to enjoy your meal as much as we enjoy providing it to you. As the leading provider of free-range deer meat in America, we feel that we are doing something right.

While many exotic meat sellers are merely storefronts and warehouses, at Broken Arrow Ranch, we work directly with local ranchers and sell only the deer meat we personally harvest. A vital step in sustainable agriculture is managing the population of a species. By working with ranchers to harvest deer from their property, we all win.

The rancher, whose livestock can be weakened by an overpopulation of deer, consults with us. Together we develop a target number of deer to harvest. This number will not be exceeded, as neither we at Broken Arrow Ranch nor the ranchers are interested in diminishing the deer population to the point where it becomes threatened.

The deer are harvested quickly and humanely in the wild. This contrasts greatly with the process that farmed exotics go through, as they are herded and handled before slaughter. Not only is this method stressful for the animal, but it also adversely affects the quality of the meat, due to the stress hormones released before slaughter. At Broken Arrow Ranch, our goal is to provide a solution to our fellow ranchers, our customers, and the environment.

Sweet Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin

2 lbs venison tenderloins (a single deer loin or Moose or Elk or Pork or Beef)
    1/2 lb bacon (Plain, thin-sliced Bacon is best)
    3 cups dark brown sugar
    2 cups soy sauce (Regular NOT low-sodium. You'll want the saltiness)
    1/4 cup white sugar (Optional for added Sweetness)

Directions:

Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce together in a bowl. They should combine nicely into a soupy soy liquid.
    Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Soy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.
    Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge. It's best to marinate for 8 hours if you have the time. Also GREAT to use a Food Saver or other Vacuum device to Vacuum pack/seal the meat with Marinade. With this method, you can achieve Overnight-level marinade in just a couple hours!
    Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.
    Wrap a piece of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.
    Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.
    Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin. You can continue to baste the loin with the marinade throughout the cooking process with either a brush or a turkey baster.
    Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350°F for 30-40* minutes. *This should cook the meat to about Medium. For those of you who prefer rare meat (like me), cut the time to 25-30 minutes and then follow with the "OPTION 2" step below regarding searing.
    OPTION 1 - with about 10 minutes of cooking time left, you can lightly dust the top of the loin with white sugar. This creates a sweet crust on top of the bacon. Might be too sweet for some. Try doing it on just HALF of the loin to see if you like it!
    OPTION 2 - For a crispier crust and crispier bacon, remove Loin from oven and place the Loin(s) directly on a Grill over medium-high heat to sear the bacon and outer loin. (Thanks to all of you reviewers who taught me this. It's a great step for those of us who like a cooked crust and a pink center).
    Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.
    You can eat these pieces directly from the toothpick or remove the toothpick and eat like steak. You can thank me later.
    The next day, try the leftovers on a wheat bun with spicy BBQ Sauce for an awesome leftover sandwich.

Y'all city folk spend WAY to much money at the grocery stores!!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NineTails For This Useful Post:

Broken
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,552 Times in 4,011 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NineTails View Post
    Deer Meat
    Bambi?! Rudolph?!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonnet For This Useful Post:

All I wanted was a Pepsi Frosty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,772 Times in 10,165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    Bambi?! Rudolph?!
    All joking aside...venison is delicious.
    Mind you, I don't think it's an everyday meat
    but we have a butcher that gets us some in every once in a while.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

You can use your illusion, let it take you where it may...
    We live and learn, and then, sometimes, it's best to walk away...
    Me, I'm just here hanging on, it's my only place to stay at least for now, anyway...
    I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    Bambi?! Rudolph?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    All joking aside...venison is delicious.
    Mind you, I don't think it's an everyday meat
    but we have a butcher that gets us some in every once in a while.
    I will send you some Ms. Frosty!!!

I have a freezer full of Bambi, Rudolph, Wilber the pig, those damn chipmunks and many more!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NineTails For This Useful Post:

Fucking With The Fuckwits Jaguar7777's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,311 Times in 1,645 Posts
    I will send you some Ms. Frosty!!!

I have a freezer full of Bambi, Rudolph, Wilber the pig, those damn chipmunks and many more!
    Careful with that, Frosty. He neglected to tell you that he also keeps his "Ex" wife in that freezer too .........

Jag. (Whatever you do don't ask for a loin cut ...)
    You Know Absolutely Nothing, So Kindly Keep It To Yourself.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaguar7777 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar7777 View Post
    Careful with that, Frosty. He neglected to tell you that he also keeps his "Ex" wife in that freezer too .........

Jag. (Whatever you do don't ask for a loin cut ...)

Nope 150 acres and plenty of lye..... I mean I have no idea where she went, maybe its just a longer 5 year walk in the woods... yea yea she will be back.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NineTails For This Useful Post:

Broken
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,552 Times in 4,011 Posts
    This could explain why we never see Kermit The Frog's legs nowadays.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonnet For This Useful Post:

Dork Lord of the Sith DarthTater's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,790 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Squirrels are evil.

---------------------------------------------
    "There's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light.
    In the fine print they tell me what's wrong from what's right.
    It comes in Black and it comes in White and I'm frightened
    by those who don't see it."

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarthTater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Requested By Jag

Stuffed Diamondback

~ 1 - 3 ft. or longer Diamondback
    ~ 1 cup dried cornbread cubes
    ~ 1 tbsp oil
    ~ 1/2 cup beef stock
    ~ 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped
    ~ 1/2 onion,chopped
    ~ 1 tbsp Jack Daniels whiskey
    ~ 1 cup molasses
    ~ 1 cherry tomato

Slice down belly of snake from bottom of jaw to tail with a shallow cut. Gut the snake and throw away internals. Run gutted snake under warm tap water and remove extra blood.

In a mixing bowl, mix cornbread cubes, oil, beef stock, celery and onion. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Roll stuffing into a tube (snake) shape and insert along the inside of snake. Close up skin and sew together with cooking twine in a zig-zag pattern.

In a small mixing bowl, mix Jack Daniels and molasses. Set aside.

Place snake in a casserole dish. Make sure snake does not overlap as uneven cooking will occur.

With a cooking brush, brush snake with Jack Daniels glaze. Pour extra glaze around the snake in the casserole dish.

Place casserole dish into 275 degree oven for an hour and a half or until tender.

Remove casserole dish from oven and prop open snake's mouth. Place cherry tomato in mouth for appearance.

Serve and Enjoy!

Just took my 3 year old grandson out back and left him choose the hog and turkey we will be having for Thanksgiving!!

He will get to use his new rifle he got for his birthday!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NineTails For This Useful Post: