Page 336 of 343 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3424

Thread: The Isolated Blurt Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 54,729 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    I just installed a new thermostat cold control in my refrigerator, it works great now.
    I called around to local suppliers, the lowest price given me was $109.
    I got it here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M4M3H6/ in 4 days
    I was walked through the repair procedure here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39s3HaYVZrU&t=492s

My cost was $16.26. It would have cost me about $150-$200 to have a guy come and fix it. I knew nothing about refrigerators and it was a breeze, anyone could have done it.
    Washers are different, big heavy and a pain to get at the stuff but I've fixed my washer and 40yr old dryer this way too.
    I love being cheap and saving money. I think it comes from my father, who was half Scottish. Did you know Scotch tape was named that because it originally had adhesive only on the edges of the tape? An early user told a 3M salesman to go back to his “Scotch bosses” who were presumably too cheap to put adhesive all over the tape and make it stickier.
    The guy charged us $100 for the part and labor. He only was here about 30 minutes.

I can live with that.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Baby hair with a woman's eyes, I can feel you watching in the night..
    All alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight, when I feel cold you warm me...
    When I feel I can't go on you come and hold me, it's you and me forever...

Sara Smile, won't you smile a while for me?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 69,830 Times in 8,321 Posts
    Washers are different, big heavy and a pain to get at the stuff but I've fixed my washer and 40yr old dryer this way too.
    a desert climate seems ideal for using a clothes line over a dryer.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,354 Times in 3,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    a desert climate seems ideal for using a clothes line over a dryer.
    It is. I used to do that but the clothesline is in the lower part of my back yard and difficult to get to and laziness won out, especially when I finally fixed my museum piece dryer which works surprisingly well.

The deciding moment really was when I came home from work after a windy day and found my clothes gone from the line. Most of them I found, some in the yard some in the alley, but when I looked up I saw a pair of my skivvies hanging high up in the neighbor's tree.
    No way to get them down, too high and I couldn't imagine myself knocking on the neighbor's door and saying "erm....I.....uhhhhh..., they stated there for about a month and that was the last of hanging clothes to dry outside.
    It's just me so it's not that much clothes.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 69,830 Times in 8,321 Posts
    at least there was no evidence linking them to you...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Since I got out of the hospital, my eyes have gone to sh*t.
    I'm not going blind or anything like that, but my prescription glasses are useless.

I've got a pair of +1.25 readers that let me watch TV and drive (and I see pretty well with those)
    but I can't see any print close up so I've got a +3.00 pair of readers to let me see the computer and read fine print,
    but everything else but real close up is blurry as all hell.

I do have a magnifying glass in the kitchen so I can keep the first pair on and read the nutritional labels on the back of boxes and cans.
    I'll get glasses when we can afford it. This little trip to the hospital has strained the finances even with our insurance.

All alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight, when I feel cold you warm me...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,354 Times in 3,044 Posts
    Please Frosty go to the eye doctor now and get checked. Retinopathy, diabetic macular edema, cataracts, and glaucoma are real dangers, my mother has 3 out of 4.
    Your recent incident may have triggered eye problems and it's much better the sooner you get it checked and treated.
    My mother has so far refused to continue her eye appointments over corona fears, and that could be a disaster.

please go

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Please Frosty go to the eye doctor now and get checked. Retinopathy, diabetic macular edema, cataracts, and glaucoma are real dangers, my mother has 3 out of 4.
    Your recent incident may have triggered eye problems and it's much better the sooner you get it checked and treated.
    My mother has so far refused to continue her eye appointments over corona fears, and that could be a disaster.

please go
    Okay, I have an appointment Wednesday @ 1:20 PM
    Our network has an on call nurse you can talk to, so I called up, told her what the problem was and she made the appointment for me.

I was told if I had any really bad major changes before then, call 911 and/or get to the ER.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I ordered 200 (4 boxes of 50) Contour Next glucose test strips which Amazon sent to the wrong house, so I spent yesterday talking to them about it.

I got a phone call this morning from a neighbor telling me that a lady down the street got them delivered to her house,

and called a few of the neighbors until one of them recognized the name and called me, so I went down and picked them up,

so then I called Amazon back and told them that they were found.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    In case they need to dilate my eyes or something today, I'm going to be taking the bus to my appointment.
    (one from our house to downtown, then another one to my appointment)
    They didn't say anything, but this is the same outfit who made me come down for my original appointment (same network, just a different place)
    and then they forgot to tell me it was a telephone appointment, so I'm not feeling too trusting at the moment.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I got there about 45 minutes earlier than I was supposed to and the Dr. had a gap so they got me in early.
    They shined the light in my eyes, put me in a machine and took a photo of my retinas, and another one that had me see if i can see the light in certain spots.
    They are going to give me a referral for a ophthalmologist (that will work with our insurance) but they said they didn't see anything alarming so far.

After I clear everything out at the other network place, I'm going to come to this one.
    My Doctor sounds like she came from Romania but she was nice and EVERYTHING was explained to me.
    I even got a nice couple of sheets of paper at the end explaining everything single thing they said, did and ordered and a list of the meds I should be taking.

That Oct 23rd appointment at the other place for follow up labs wasn't for lab work, it was to talk about the lab work they forgot to tell me to come in for.
    I can literally walk in without an appointment and get my labs done at any of the network places and the lady on the phone never told me.
    They're literally checking for everything under the sun including the colon cancer screening. (yay! )
    Tonight I going to fast at 10 PM (has to be 8-10 hours with nothing but water and meds) and go over to this new place in the morning and get my labs done.

The other place never told me that they were going to do my meds ahead of my Oct 23rd appointment so I'll go pick them up in a couple of days.
    They also gave me a vaccine for Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Booster) & one for Shingles (1 now, another in 2 months.)

In addition to the lisinopril for the high blood pressure, and the Lantus insulin, they are putting me on metformin which is supposed to help me process the glucose better,
    and atorvastatin which is for the cholesterol.

They were happy where my blood sugar levels are but now I need to lower my fat intake a bit and definitely the sodium.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post: