Page 258 of 292 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2914

Thread: The Isolated Blurt Thread

  1. #2571
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,731
    Thanks
    18,946
    Thanked 65,739 Times in 7,724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
    why can't people just say "wank" and be done with it?
    well, that would be one way to make the queen's xmas message significantly shorter.


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  3. #2572
    jumping on eggshells sp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,684
    Thanks
    25,857
    Thanked 14,258 Times in 2,684 Posts
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:


  5. #2573
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,731
    Thanks
    18,946
    Thanked 65,739 Times in 7,724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    seems to me that any time my computer starts acting up and
    requires a restart, it is always bloody flash player that is there
    waiting to update.

    browser was acting up with keystrokes randomly behaving as if I
    were holding down the key. Swapped keyboard to another USB port
    and no difference. Rebooted computer and, of course, it's fucking
    flash player wanting to update.

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  7. #2574
    jumping on eggshells sp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,684
    Thanks
    25,857
    Thanked 14,258 Times in 2,684 Posts
    given my username here, specifically the 88 bit, you might make the link that i have a passing interest in the whitechapel murders of 1888, more commonly known as the jack the ripper murders

    you wouldn't be wrong to think so



    i've seen today a lot of stories springing up that dna testing, centred around a certain blood stained shawl, has confirmed the identity of "jack" - the smoking gun being that the dna of 1 of the victims and 1 of the prime suspects has been found on it

    so, just a heads up if you happen to see the same story and have a quick read

    there's absolutely no provenance for this shawl having been owned by the victim in question, or that the dna evidence can be narrowed down enough to definitively be said to be of either of the targets - one of the test results from the original testing in 2006/2007, for instance, made much of narrowing down an abnormality in the blood ..... to what was found subsequently to be a mere 99.2 percent of the population at the time

    even if one assumes that the dna is genuine for the victim and suspect in question, it shows nothing more than the fact a prostitute and a man known to frequent prostitutes were together at some time in a very small area of london

    nobody really wants the identity of the ripper to be discovered - don't worry, it still hasn't been

    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:


  9. #2575
    Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    5,077
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
    given my username here, specifically the 88 bit, you might make the link that i have a passing interest in the whitechapel murders of 1888, more commonly known as the jack the ripper murders
    That's oddly specific. 88 is more commonly associated with people who are now 30-31, part of some of the earliest and youngest people to get AOL emails and AIM screen names (i was part of that wave. the email address directory had tons of my classmates with 88, 87, 89 at the end of their username handles). If I encounter someone with 88 at the end, I mostly assume it's the year they were born. I also recently learned that 88 is also used by neo-Nazis as a cue, being that 8 is the eighth letter of the alphabet (88 = HH = Heil Hitler).

  10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Persephone For This Useful Post:


  11. #2576
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,731
    Thanks
    18,946
    Thanked 65,739 Times in 7,724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
    given my username here, specifically the 88 bit, you might make the link that i have a passing interest in the whitechapel murders of 1888, more commonly known as the jack the ripper murders
    so tracking you down would be as simple as examining shipping manifests
    to find someone who orders red twine by the pallet?




    shawl
    Also, I'm now wondering how long the police hang on to evidence from
    unsolved crimes.

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  13. #2577
    jumping on eggshells sp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,684
    Thanks
    25,857
    Thanked 14,258 Times in 2,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    88 is also used by neo-Nazis as a cue


    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    Also, I'm now wondering how long the police hang on to evidence from
    unsolved crimes.
    police, you say? - evidence?

    in this instance, the blood-and-other-bodily-fluids-covered shawl is supposed to have been discovered near one of the victims, whereupon a policeman, who liked the look of it, took it home - his wife (who didn't think to wash it or anything) didn't like it so much and put it away in a box for many years

    seems legit
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:


  15. #2578
    Die Another Day BondJmsBond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,543
    Thanks
    15,933
    Thanked 13,744 Times in 2,541 Posts
    I just realized that never once in my life have I taken a 'selfie'.

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:


  17. #2579
    ಠ_ಠ defrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,731
    Thanks
    18,946
    Thanked 65,739 Times in 7,724 Posts
    you've never grown a beard and taken a photo before cutting it?

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:


  19. #2580
    Die Another Day BondJmsBond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,543
    Thanks
    15,933
    Thanked 13,744 Times in 2,541 Posts
    I never could grow a decent beard

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •