Page 184 of 389 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3885

Thread: The Isolated Blurt Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 58,512 Times in 12,669 Posts
    I'm starting to have an issue with one of the kitties (the one I've named mooch) climbing up on the trash can where I feed his Mama a half can of cat food in the morning
    and the minute he starts eating, she backs off even if she only has had a few bites (she cleans up the kitties leftovers so she's not starving but it still pisses me off)
    If I get close enough to the trash can to keep the kitten away, she runs off...if I don't get close enough, the kitten basically looks at me like FU and heads for the food.

I still feed her her meat during the day and after I've fed them at night, I come back a few hours later with another half can when they are all asleep and she gets to eat in privacy.

*Daytime: kitties get a bit of can food mixed with the milk and kibble. Nighttime: Kitties get milk and kibble only.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,068 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I'm starting to have an issue with one of the kitties (the one I've named mooch) climbing up on the trash can where I feed his Mama a half can of cat food in the morning
    and the minute he starts eating, she backs off even if she only has had a few bites (she cleans up the kitties leftovers so she's not starving but it still pisses me off)
    If I get close enough to the trash can to keep the kitten away, she runs off...if I don't get close enough, the kitten basically looks at me like FU and heads for the food.

I still feed her her meat during the day and after I've fed them at night, I come back a few hours later with another half can when they are all asleep and she gets to eat in privacy.

*Daytime: kitties get a bit of can food mixed with the milk and kibble. Nighttime: Kitties get milk and kibble only.
    Be careful please.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,910 Times in 3,417 Posts
    Are there any Hollywood male stars who haven't raped/molested people? FFS! Politicians too.

I can't imagine being in a place where I thought it was ok, what makes people do that?

Some say it's the fame money and power, I think you have to be sick and twisted to start with, so that means we tend to revere sick and twisted people?
    It sounds stupid, but would explain a lot.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    Be careful please.

Last night I snuck out there about 9PM and fed Mama her wet food and I saw a white flash and the bushes made noise, and he came out to get his.
    She was mostly done but it amazes me that it's so hard to pull anything over on him.

I'll try it later tonight. Maybe 10 or 11PM

Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    Are there any Hollywood male stars who haven't raped/molested people? FFS! Politicians too.
    Yeah, what worries me now is the fear that someone's lying to further their career. I hope not.

Some former male model is claiming George Takei tried to drug him and rape him in the 80's
    and I personally don't believe the model but who knows..? I'd like to think a person is safe with Sulu.
    I guess if 10 other people pop up and say the same thing, we'll know.

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,092 Times in 3,087 Posts
    what worries me now is the fear that someone's lying to further their career.
    sadly, we're very much into the territory of someone being branded guilty on someone else's say so - the frenzied media latches on to any suggestion like this at the moment and runs it into the ground until everyone is convinced of it's absolute truth and nuclear grade severity

while some instances seem too much to be denied (such as the amount of testimony against harvey weinstein), there are too many occasions where someone's career is being put at risk over a single accusation

in the uk, where news often doesn't reach as quickly as it might be coming out of the us, people were already saying spacey's career was over just because one other actor had levelled an unproved accusation - i'm not saying spacey isn't a predator that deserves everything that's coming to him, with the other accusations that have since surfaced, but everyone was ready to condemn him on very little evidence in the wake of the current tide of media madness

there's always a risk of career enhancing self interest being responsible for fabricating or embellishing the truth - especially in a highly competitive industry where people are forever clambering over everyone else to try and get their name out there

the press isn't going to be the one to act as the filter to provide a balanced and thoughtful response - that has to be us
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    a trawl through the yahoo front page today, without even clicking to go to a features page ......

jason momoa talks about "stalking" wife lisa bonet after first noticing her when she was 8 (i didn't click but the way this is worded sounds typical of yahoo's shitty amateur propensity of trying to force a headline that isn't there)

csi miami star eva larue () claims steven segal sexually harassed her

rebel wilson claims a male co-star sexually harassed her while his friends tried to film it

richard dreyfuss is the latest in hollywood to be accused of sexual harassment

warner bros suspends supergirl and the flash showrunner amid claims of sexual harassment

the daughter of a polygamous sect leader makes claims about being sexually abused by sect members while growing up

george takei denies "shocking and bewildering" sexual harassment allegations

benny medina (top music + tv executive, apparently ) accused of sexual attack by jason dottley ()

brand new frontman jesse lacey () accused of sexual misconduct with a minor

michelle dockery recalls "uncomfortable" meeting with harvey weinstein

bbc pulls a series starring ed westwick () amid rape claims

roy moore denies sexual misconduct with teen girl

lower down, an interview piece on how sexual harassment forced 3 women out of their jobs

pretty sick of it all to be honest - if people have a problem like this, it should be their business and their prerogative to deal with

trial by media is a c***'s trick and only serves to either encourage liars or cloud the genuine

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,910 Times in 3,417 Posts
    I'd like to think a person is safe with Sulu.
    Me too. If someone in Star Trek OS has to be accused it should be the Gorn.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
    trial by media is a c***'s trick and only serves to either encourage liars or cloud the genuine
    At the same time trial by media pretty much got rid of Cosby, Weinstein & Spacey though.
    I'm worried less about the one time drunk groper than I'm worried about the chronic ones & the rapists.

BTW: Besides Eva LaRue (she was on CSI: Miami), I didn't recognize any of those other names either, so don't feel bad.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    trial by media pretty much got rid of Cosby, Weinstein & Spacey though.
    it absolutely did, and all 3 have since admitted to behaving like shits in the wake of it all - they all deserve to face punishment - but does that make how it came about right?

what is the point of due process or even having a legal system any longer if journalists are going to convince us who's guilty and who's innocent instead of the law?

let's not forget the example of people like beverly johnson, who alleged that bill cosby had drugged and raped her, but who is now widely believed (including by her own friends and former manager) to have lied about it for publicity - cosby is an accepted predator and deserves to be censured for his proven actions but the law has to be absolute to protect those that are innocent

hopefully, the name christopher jefferies will spring to mind for some of us .....

"innocent until proven guilty" has to be the standard

and yet, we seem to live in an age where a statement given to a journalist is seen as all the proof that is needed to verify a story and condemn someone

in the uk, there are repeated calls to protect the anonymity of anyone accused of rape until they have been found formally guilty because there have been too many cases where an accusation has been falsely made and an innocent party has suffered as a result - i personally believe any accusation that could result in a legal outcome should lead to the anonymity of both accused and accuser being guarded until the law has run its course - that would surely go a long way to making sure people aren't abusing the system by posing as victims for ulterior motives

pay a visit to a lawyer, not a journalist
    Last edited by sp88; 11-12-2017 at 02:37 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 311,912 Times in 10,461 Posts
    The trial by media and by outrageous reporting in the media is a worrying trend. It was interesting that various interested parties felt the need to be seen to act long before there had been a conviction, an indictment or a confession. They were basically acting on hearsay. While that might be understandable for a commercial body fearful of its reputation, it seemed excessive for bodies to be withdrawing honours and membership in advance of being sure of the facts. Suspending membership or honours while the issues are investigated would have been more proportionate and more just.
    Incidentally, I didn't and still don't know that facts of any of these cases. Have any of the accused parties confessed or admitted to the claimed assaults?

@sp88 - I absolutely agree about the anonymity of accused and accuser. In my country, the simple accusation is sufficient to ruin someone's reputation, can cost them their job, their livelihood, etc. That is simply not fair or right if the person is then acquitted or not even charged.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post: