Page 367 of 389 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 3885

Thread: The Isolated Blurt Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 58,508 Times in 12,668 Posts
    So I go to talk to my husband's case manager this morning, and no one on the weekend staff mentioned the hallucinations, and I badgered him into ordering some tests.

Hubby was probably about 75% lucid when I visited today. I didn't bring the kid with me.

I need to look online for a walgreens because I found out today that if I can show a negative covid test, I can start visiting him in his room from 9-5 Monday-Friday,
    instead of this 30 minutes bullshit that's going on now.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,907 Times in 3,415 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I badgered him into ordering some tests.
    Keep at it Frosty, as my Mom's son and advocate I pretty much made the staff dislike me at every place she was in I'm sure, but they all knew they better damn well take good care of my Mom.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've got my 2nd vaccine appointment tomorrow at 10:30 and my covid test at 3PM.

I don't know if the first will affect the other, but I couldn't get the test early tomorrow morning before the 2nd shot.

I need to get in there and be around him more so I can hassle his doctors if I need to.

His case manager actually had the nerve to tell me that it might be a UTI, that kind of infection could affect the medicine that he's on.

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 311,742 Times in 10,452 Posts
    ^ The second shot of the vaccine won't affect your covid test.
    That shit of trying to advocate for a sick relative when most of the staff and decision makers are not that interested....FUCK! So frustrating for you. I second what Bond said - hassle them, pull any kind of emotional blackmail, cry, break down, don't hit anyone, and just keep trying. It doesn't matter whether they like you or not, as long as they do what's best for hubby.
    In a similar situation, where I was the sick person, one person saved my life - a doctor who advocated for me. If you find one of those, treat them as the hero they are.

75% lucid? Is that caused by medication, or his condition? Scary.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    75% lucid? Is that caused by medication, or his condition? Scary.
    I think it's caused by the medication or something affecting the medication, but at this point...i don't know.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 311,742 Times in 10,452 Posts
    Fingers crossed

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,907 Times in 3,415 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

His case manager actually had the nerve to tell me that it might be a UTI, that kind of infection could affect the medicine that he's on.
    That's valid, mom had a bunch of UTI's over the years, they are common in the elderly and the ill (1 in 3 get them) and they really can mess you up, leave you confused, screw with your other meds, and become resistant to the antibiotics so they have to do additional courses etc. They have to generally cure it first before other stuff works.
    I think a UTI resulting in a blood infection is what mostly killed my mom, although there was a laundry list of other things too. I believe all the prior antibiotics she was given left her unable to respond to the ones she was given for the blood infection.

As for the staff, yes keep on them, they are given a certain sum for care and the more they do the more it costs them generally so they sometimes have to be pushed. Head nurse works best.
    But remember the conditions they have to work in all day every day - 2 of the places had a covid breakout while my mom was there and she caught it at one of them. The staff were just freaking out, poor people.
    What I did was, while I harangued them, I also told every one I talked to that I feel for them having to work like that and I respect and admire them for doing it. This is true, and it gained me a lot of good will.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    UTIs are no joke, and can definitely lead to more serious issues, like kidney stones, failures and other infections if left untreated.
    I once got one, when I was in my 20s, and it gave me a very terrible headache and nausea that even the good 'ol Ibuprofen wasn't capable of get rid of it.
    Had to take antibiotics for a week, but I was definitely in pain most of the time.

Hope nothing worse happened to your husband, Frosty.
    My sincere best wishes.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I got my negative test back. I have a printed copy, a link to the results and 2 pdf's (I'm taking my laptop with me and a thumb drive with the pdf's on it)

I miss my guy and some poor Bastard or Bastardette will rue the day if they don't let me in.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So I'm planning a goodie bag for Hubby on Monday.

Hard candies (w/ more than a few Hershey's Kisses) are always added to any bag, but I'm not sure if I'll add 2 boxes of Cracker Jacks or the Mini-Charleston Chews he likes.

(Before anyone says both, he'll boredom eat, gain 25lbs while he's in there and hate himself for it. He has to ration it.)

I'm leaning towards the Cracker Jacks but thought I'd bounce it off someone else first.

I'll also throw in a few bags of the Skinny Pop White cheddar popcorn bags of mine he tolerates. (He says they don't taste diet)

I'd bake some of those peanut butter cookies he likes but they won't let you bring baked goods in.

He currently has only has one of those boxes of Peanut M&M's and a small amount of hard candy left.

I told him he better ration because even if I could drive all the way across town (and I would), they wouldn't let me in to give it to him or even drop it off.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post: