Page 385 of 392 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3918

Thread: The Isolated Blurt Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 313,771 Times in 10,534 Posts
    I noticed that Dame Elizabeth Blackadder died!

Rowan Atkinson's mother?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 58,857 Times in 12,785 Posts
    I'm working on downloads/uploads this morning but Archer's back and lower decks dropped so there's 3.

I'll get them uploaded sometime.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,074 Times in 3,464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
    while many of the staff where i work have already had their recently introduced first yearly review, i've only just been given the paperwork to have a look at

the system they've introduced is that staff have to answer a bunch of questions first with a kind of extended traffic light deal (blue if you think you're amazing, green if you think you're okay, amber if you think you could do better but could also be worse, red if you think you need an intervention .... that kind of thing) so they can guage what you think of yourself before the boss gets to tell you what he thinks - the usual big waste of time crap

i get the impression the reason i'm behind in the schedule is because my boss knows exactly what he's going to get and is trying to delay the inevitable - i've had a quick look through the sheets already and formulated a few answers - these would be along the lines of answering such questions like how i contribute to the teamwork of the group by answering something about there being fuck all teamwork from anyone else in the place, particular the management, so why the hell should i bother - another question is about my long term goals in the company - all i can really put there is that i'm bored witless and hope to find another part time job elsewhere so i can cut my hours down or get out completely

if i was a naturally underperforming employee, this approach would of course be suicidal - seeing as how i've topped the sales charts for the last 2 years and am genuinely one of the better people there (in a work-y sense, not an intellectual, moral or societally worthy way - needed to make that clear), i don't feel any compulsion not to just be honest and let the cards fall where they may

it's gonna be fun

Applaud your forthrightness, if that's a word, and don't blame you if you're looking for a different job and one can be had.

Evaluations suck, and should IMO be tied to almost all measurable metrics and leave opinions out of it as much as possible.

Or, you could do what our Public Schools have done and ignore any sensible metrics entirely:

"Teacher Evals 2.0, aka the Elevate New Mexico system, will use professional development plans created by teachers, observations from fellow teachers and administrators, and surveys of families and students to gauge teacher performance. Notably absent is any mention of student academic achievement or teacher attendance."

So, your class can fail and you get to not show up half the time, but it doesn't matter as long as people like you.
    A popularity contest that lends itself directly to corruption; imagine other teachers being jealous of a great teacher that's not in their clique, or a great teacher that doesn't kiss enough or the right ass and demands that their students learn.

ugh

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ...and in the latest "F********************************K!!!" news, the dryer has temporarily died.
    I think it's the belt because the heating element works, fan works but no spin... I called and left a message on the machine of the guy who fixed the washer last time.

I hope he can come over tomorrow (He usually gets here next day or the following one) because given the current bug situation, the dryer is much needed.

Does anybody know how the story really goes, how the story really goes, or do we all just hum along..?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    He said he would be over here sometime today to try to fix that. Not bad service.

I'm literally stuck without anything to do. Any cleaning or most bug battling requires washing/drying afterwards and I only have half,
    and it's not the lovely "make sure and cook 'em" part of it. Guess I'll eyeball and spray again today.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bond, they had the Hatch Chile roastings today at several places.

-----------------------------

Dryer fixed yesterday. 3 things. $110 parts and labor. Belt, a bracket and the switch that turns it off when the door is open

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thundering and clouds. Maybe we'll get a sprinkle or more.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,119 Times in 3,093 Posts
    i love brains and the way they just don't give a damn every now and then ......

woke up this morning around 0430-ish and noticed someone standing next to my partner's side of the bed - not moving, just standing there, nodding slightly - they were about 7 feet tall and wearing some sort of white jacket - the most surprising thing about them tho was the fact that they had the head of a pigeon, or some similar sort of bird

i didn't shout, i didn't panic - i just calmly sat up in bed, looking at them for a while

it was quite a few seconds before i realized it was actually just the bedroom window filling up with the light of a new dawn - my brain must have still been in dream mode and still going crazy making stuff up

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,433 Times in 8,957 Posts
    let us know if you start hearing whispered eldritch exhortations for breadcrumbs.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 73,433 Times in 8,957 Posts
    cruising the internet for knobs

...to replace some on bedside drawers.

The hardware store seems to be hellbent on selling them as
    packs of 1 (which is an unlikely scenario?) or packs of 10.

(I need min. of 2 or a max. of 6)
    Last edited by defrabbit; 08-31-2021 at 01:36 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I was having a conversation elsewhere about "Event TV" the other day so I'm downloading both seasons of Revolution (2012-14) (Remember when the lights went out?)

Originally I found no streaming on NBC or Peacock, only the pay streamers like Hulu, Prime, Google Play..etc.

Found some nice 1080p x265 bluray stuff and didn't want to invest 41GB in it, and then I remembered pahe's site.

720p passable blurays at 300MB an episode. watch and delete. 12GB is a much better investment.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post: