Thread: The Isolated Blurt Thread

All I wanted was a Pepsi Frosty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,768 Times in 10,163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    I recently discovered that there was an action figure toy line for the
    movie, Virus (1999). You know, that one-off survival horror movie with
    no memorable characters aside from Donald Sutherland's maybe-tone-
    it-down-a-bit-dude villainous sea captain?
    That's okay...laugh. My Kelly Foster doll will only rise in value!!!

My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

You can use your illusion, let it take you where it may...
    We live and learn, and then, sometimes, it's best to walk away...
    Me, I'm just here hanging on, it's my only place to stay at least for now, anyway...
    I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 65,736 Times in 7,724 Posts
    at least she has some useful accessories. I had a Crix Madine figure
    and he came with a glorified toothpick.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kitty update: Sandy had her first semi-solid meal this morning. A little dry food in a bowl soaked in warm water for an hour and then mixed with kitten milk replacer.
    She ate very well but I'm going to go get a small bag of Purina Kitten Chow because the regular hard stuff doesn't soak very well, and the Kitten Chow does.

Me, I'm just here hanging on, it's my only place to stay at least for now, anyway...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

Warner Bros. has been trying for the last of couple years to find a way to get back into “The Matrix” universe, but a hold-up over producing rights slowed the project down. Over the past couple of months, the studio saw an opportunity to ramp up development, with Reeves boasting a strong summer that included box office hits “John Wick 3” and “Toy Story 4” and a script from Wachowski that drummed up excitement.

Plot details are currently unknown, as is how the role of Morpheus will be handled, originally played by Laurence Fishburne. Some sources say the role may be recast for a younger take.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

Wachowski is represented by WME, Circle of Confusion and attorney Peter Grossman. Reeves is represented by WME and Ziffren Brittenham. Moss is represented by WME, longtime manager Elizabeth Hodgson and attorney Bob Lange.
    Code:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whoops!!! It looks like there could be no more MCU Spidey.

Marvel Abandons ‘Spider-Man’ Films in Dispute With Sony.

The successful partnership between Disney’s Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures on the “Spider-Man” films has come to an end: Marvel has bailed out on the arrangement in a dispute over financing future films, an insider told TheWrap.

The arrangement had been beneficial to both parties. “Spider-Man: Far From Home” released last month, was only the second Sony film and the first “Spider-Man” film to hit a billion dollars in worldwide box office.

The partnership, which began with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man appearing in 2016’s “Captain America: Civil War,” allowed Spider-Man to interact for the first time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, trading quips with Captain America and learning under Iron Man. “Far From Home” was largely focused on the possibility of Spider-Man replacing Tony Stark as the tech genius at the center of The Avengers.

The collapse of the Sony-Marvel partnership also seems likely to dim future prospects for Spider-Man’s partnerships in the MCU.

According to Deadline which first reported the news, Disney asked Sony that future “Spider-Man” films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between both studios, however Sony turned that offer down. Sony counter offered and proposed to keeping the current deal in place where Marvel receives about 5% of the first dollar gross. Disney refused. Marvela already owns all the merchandising on “Spider-Man.”

There are currently two more “Spider-Man” films in development with Tom Holland and director John Watts attached, however they will go forward without the guidance of Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

Released two months after “Avengers: Endgame” ended the MCU as fans knew it, “Far From Home” served as a palette cleanser and a taste of what Marvel Studios had in store for the next phase of the story. Sony has grossed $809 million domestically so far this year, and should pass the $1 billion mark after a busy Q4. The studio will release the horror-comedy film “Zombieland: Double Tap” this October, followed by Elizabeth Banks’ “Charlie’s Angels” and the likely Oscar contender “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” in November. Sony will then cap off the year with “Jumanji: The Next Level,” the sequel to “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” which earned $962 million worldwide two years ago.
    Code:
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/marvel-abandons-spider-man-films-200756263.html

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    a billion dollars and these two fat piggies can't find a way to play
    nice at the trough.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,258 Times in 2,684 Posts

with one click of their fingers, the sony exec made 50 percent of the financing disappear .....
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defrabbit View Post
    a billion dollars and these two fat piggies can't find a way to play
    nice at the trough.
    It's most likely just public bitching while they argue the numbers. I can't imagine Sony cutting their own throat over this.

Quote Originally Posted by sp88 View Post

with one click of their fingers, the sony exec made 50 percent of the financing disappear .....
    Marvel will be just fine because they seem to have gotten by just fine without Spidey before, whereas Sony's already ran the franchise into the ground once.
    Sony own like 900 Marvel characters but unfortunately its almost all Spider related stuff.

They got lucky with Venom but no one wants to see solo stuff with Morbius the Living Vampire (with Jared Leto), Black Cat or Kraven.
    There's not another A-List character in their stable, so most if not all of any spin offs are likely to tank.
    Maybe the Sinister Six movie happens again but who knows..?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post: