Thread: A conversation with (and about) Jesus

Thanks
    Thanked 55,546 Times in 11,755 Posts

My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,622 Times in 2,970 Posts
    they say christians have no sense of humour ...... actually, there are probably very few people that say that but it makes this post funnier if i pretend it's a thing

in 2009, a christian conference was entertained by a comedian whose routine consisted of delivering a realistic sounding sermon about where his life had gone wrong and how he'd gotten through his catalogue of flaws and failures

the audience laughed in all the right places, often quite uproariously - the comedian's line about being "not used to being laughed at, you know?" particularly brought the house down

sadly, the audience hadn't been told about the change in running order, and that the comedian that they expected onstage next had been bumped until later that day to be replaced by genuine tennessee preacher john piper

piper, who was bravely baring his proverbial soul in front of the 8000 strong crowd, was met with howls of laughter, and could not understand why - as piper described his troubles, saying "tho they make you laugh, they make me cry, so you've got to stop laughing like that", nobody seemed to click

edit: video found

Last edited by sp88; 01-06-2021 at 02:27 AM.
    "i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post: