Thread: The Upcoming Election

Thanks
    Thanked 16,335 Times in 3,039 Posts

The Upcoming Election

Not political, just a cautionary post to all.

November 3rd and the aftermath, whichever way it goes, could bring anything from no problem at all to civil war.
    Remember how just the rumor of no toilet paper made everyone hoard and it wasn't in the stores for weeks? Couldn't get many other things either? Even now it hasn't got back to the way it was pre-covid?

If there are problems it could trigger another hoarding frenzy and the stores could literally be empty in a day and stay like that for who knows how long.

I've been slowly building up food stocks etc. as a result. I also have 5 gallons of pinto beans stored and plan to get another 5 gallons very soon, along with a ton of green chile. With those I can live and feed Mom for a couple months at least. I will also look into buying extra insulin and meds for Mom very soon now.

I suggest my friends here think about it and maybe do the same. The election is in 5 weeks.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 302,469 Times in 9,882 Posts
    It is bizarre and sad that your actions seem reasonable under the circumstances. Wow! How are the mighty fallen

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I now have 75 pounds of pinto beans, many dry pantry items and a full freezer. Carefully used, somewhere around 6 months worth of food at a guess. This week I'll also get 2 more 20lb cylinders of propane, total of 4 this will make about 2 weeks of survival heat with my shop propane heaters. I'm also getting out the coleman stove and lantern I have, will get gas for them to cook and have light.

10 days to the election.

Good thing I love pinto beans. This shit has turned me into kind of a prepper.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 302,469 Times in 9,882 Posts
    With all those beans, you will be able to supplement the propane with biogas. It's mostly methane - but with added fragrance.

Take care

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    With all those beans, you will be able to supplement the propane with biogas. It's mostly methane - but with added fragrance.

Take care
    There is that. I don't care for rice much or I would have got that too. I found if you soak the dried beans overnight then slow cook in crock pot they come out much less gassy and just right. Primarily they're cheap, 75 pounds, months of eating, $62.
    I've ordered both a Coleman propane stove and a propane lantern, as an addition to and backup for my other stove and lantern which run on Coleman fuel or car gas.
    Very basic, but given time I'll have a real prepper stash - insert pic of redneck - and looking forward, if God forbid Mom passes, I am starting to see myself wanting to pick up after and go live out in the middle of nowhere and these are also investments toward that.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,412 Times in 2,922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
    - insert pic of redneck -

job done

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post: