Thread: Looking for things

Banned
    Thanks

Looking for things

I was reading a lot about DNA test kit on Amazon.com (USA) to determine any possible disease in the future and read about different brands I would like to know if any of you have information on any of these hope you can help me as I consider this important to avoid diseases in the future and not only avoid them but to know how should I treat something that happens to my body and not to find the answers I feel that with this he would have some idea of what to do so if you can help me I hope your comment

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to almoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by almoa View Post
    I was reading a lot about DNA test kit on Amazon.com (USA) to determine any possible disease in the future and read about different brands I would like to know if any of you have information on any of these hope you can help me as I consider this important to avoid diseases in the future and not only avoid them but to know how should I treat something that happens to my body and not to find the answers I feel that with this he would have some idea of what to do so if you can help me I hope your comment
    Some of the big consumer protection investigative TV shows over here in the UK have looked into DNA health check kits and found them to be dubious at best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...e-health-tests

Many are completely bogus and the even the ones that aren't tend to be of little or no clinical use.
    Your DNA is fixed and unless you can afford to pay drug companies to develop specific treatments keyed to your genome, the advice you would get would probably remain unchanged. Exercise regualrly, watch what you eat and drink, stay away from recreational substances, try to get some sunshiine on your skin everyday but don't overdo it.

There is as much danger from reacting to inaccurate, incorrect or irrelevant information as there is in most conditions you might be worried about. If you are worried, see a doctor or even a pharmacist for advice, they have way more effective diagnostic skills than any of the tests can offer.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 301,826 Times in 9,866 Posts
    Another issue with DNA tests is what rights you give to the makers. In many cases, you lose control and they can patent part of your genetic material if it is useful (for medicine, or whatever). Sounds daft, I know, other people "owning" your genes, but that is the law in some places.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,252 Times in 3,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misrule View Post
    Another issue with DNA tests is what rights you give to the makers. In many cases, you lose control and they can patent part of your genetic material if it is useful (for medicine, or whatever). Sounds daft, I know, other people "owning" your genes, but that is the law in some places.
    Good point, I wouldn't want any unauthorized copies of me floating around, even though it would improve the quality of the human race in general

Additionally, if law enforcement can access the DNA for crime investigation as in the US and the genealogy labs, you or any family relative will be caught if they left DNA at a crime they committed.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,296 Times in 2,893 Posts
    you run around avoiding all the diseases you can, then along comes some cocky pandemic and gets you anyway ......

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post: