Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Broken? (Coronavirus Version)

Thanks
    Thanked 52,919 Times in 10,959 Posts
    We're still chugging along this morning.

A little more phlegmy today but after a little hacking/coughing...we've brought it up and no shortness of breath.
    Noses are runny, and my two guys have no fever and I'm still running a low grade at 99.
    No return of the sore throats so far even with the coughing.

This morning's breakfast consisted of poached eggs and toast w/ margarine but we only ate about half what we usually would.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

High Priestess of The Classics Jenny's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,313 Times in 1,799 Posts
    My kid came home from work today and looked at me and said that it literally scares the shit out of her that the man who founded her company knows her by sight and name now and will ask her how things are going and is telling her to come directly to him if she thinks there is a problem that needs to be handled immediately when he runs into her just walking down the hallway. Before this, she only talked to him briefly in passing in the 4 plus years that she has worked there. She also told me that despite her company's best efforts to keep stuff in stock to protect everyone working there safe, they are getting concerned about the actual time it is taking to restock what they need to be protected.

Take just a minute to look at this from another angle. This young lady that I am talking about here is still only 26 years old and yet she along with thousands of others her age in the healthcare systems in this country and around the world are stepping up and taking responsibility for a situation that nothing in their current life experience has prepared them for because they care about YOU and not themselves. Everyone in this profession needs help in protecting themselves from coming down with this illness literally yesterday because they are the people that are dedicated to staying on the job and trying to help you before themselves.

Social media is a tool that everyone can use to try to get the officials at the top to get on the ball immediately to protect the people who are trying desperately in dire circumstances to keep you safe. Use that tool to let the people in charge know that they have to use every resource that they can think of to try to beat this thing. My daughter has no desire to bring this home through no fault of hers and neither do any of the healthcare workers who are putting themselves at risk trying to help you. Personally I do not want anyone including my kid to have to deal with this.

Thanks for at least reading this rant that I have subjecting all of you too. Sorry about doing even doing this, but I feel that everyone needs to try to pitch in where they can even if they think they can't do something about this.

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,007 Times in 1,536 Posts
    And now Trump wants everyone back to work before Easter. True leadership here...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,770 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Trump Campaign Threatens TV Stations That Air Ad Critical Of President
    David Moye
    HuffPost March 26, 2020, 4:02 PM PDT

Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has sent a cease-and-desist letter to TV stations that air an ad critical of the way the president has handled the coronavirus crisis.

The ad, “Exponential Threat,” features audio clips of Trump downplaying the virus at different moments while the onscreen graphic shows the rising number of cases.

“This is their new hoax,” Trump can be heard saying in the ad, which was funded by Priorities USA, a pro-Joe Biden PAC.....

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump...230201460.html

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wildwest08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,919 Times in 10,959 Posts
    By the way, I just heard that if you receive an email from the government telling you not to eat tinned pork because it contains COVID-19, you should ignore it. It's spam.

Today was a little worse.
    Coughed a good part of the day but still bringing stuff up so that's good.

The kid and I have no fever, my better half is at 99 now and is marginally worse than us.
    We're definitely into soups now, though we had runny oatmeal and toast for breakfast. (still eating about half of what we normally would.)

No sore throats, no headaches, just runny noses, coughing, fatigue and phlegm.

Sleeping about 3 hours at a time until we have to get up and cough stuff up and then go back to sleep.
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses...

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,487 Times in 2,849 Posts
    Just got back from the grocery, hope I didn't catch anything. I'm getting really good at not touching my face, opening doors etc. without hands. Deadly hand sanitizer I made myself in the car. Thorough hand washing with bar soap immediately after getting home.

In the bakery, getting cookies for my diabetic mother, I watched an elderly gentleman going through packages of bakery cookies; he pulled each container off the stack and compared them, about a dozen containers. He then stacked them all back up, touching each container several times. he put one in his cart and walked off, as he did so I saw him rub his face.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 286 Posts
    We watched the film 'Contagion' last night.
    It was funny watching Hollywoods take on how badly World Governments would handle a pandemic.
    The truth is so much worse. If a Spanish Flu level pandemic had hit us, we would be totally screwed.
    Here's hoping that once the dust settles, Governments learn some lessons.

Fund health services, act fast and act decisively, prioritise people over profit, emergency resources are stockpiled for a reason.

And hopefully we all learn our lesson too - stop electing idiots to rule over us.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Not a hope this will change how we vote: put a marmoset with the right rosette on the ballot paper & they'd still win!

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrC. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 299,785 Times in 9,809 Posts
    Quiet here. Since they put us all in lockdown, there is hardly anyone walking their dog (that would be allowed for local people).
    One family member got sick and was due to be tested. Then they changed the criteria and they're getting better. Now they don't know if they've had it or not. It would be really useful to know as they could then carry on without worrying - working, shopping, etc.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

High Priestess of The Classics Jenny's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,313 Times in 1,799 Posts
    One of my mods at VEF passed away today from "what his doctor diagnosed as a possible mild case of Covid which she could not confirm because she couldn't get him tested". What is in quotes is what was in his PM that he sent me yesterday.

One my mods got a call today from his Mom. They are in the UK.

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post: