Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 20 Years....ish

Thanks
    Thanked 4,772 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    No, nothing in your usernotes, clean as a whistle. Are you sure it was mac1 at VEF ??? I can see change history for members, and he was never promoted to mod.

Your first post that shows there was on 3/30/2007 and you thanked Black Rat in the Electric Blue thread. The thread was removed because he lost all the files, but your post is still in the thread. That may not be your actual first post with the DB crashes etc over the years....

You, my friend, just happened to join at the wrong time.... that was when the whole Vilesonic/(M)oron thing was at it's height. A lot of the mods there were pissed and actually quitting because of Simon shoving those filehosts down their throats so patience was at a premium. Actually I believe, CM had only 2 mods left for a while because everyone else resigned. It got so bad in that section that Den contacted me because he did not want to waste time training someone to see if I wanted to help. They were suspicious as hell of an Admin from Suzy being on staff there, but he convinced them to promote me. It was a mess, @ 10 pages of new posts every day even though I was speed modding with active checking.
    I can imagine and can't imagine! Honestly, sometimes I miss the noise and drama of the mod world and at the time I quit I felt a bit guilty of leaving the CM section and all the fine people there left out to dry, but it was the right call for me. I was involved in running a private server at the time with many more members than now and busy encoding stuff, so in the end all these activities combined ate up too much of my time and life. But I don't regret it. I got a few new interesting friends.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,746 Times in 2,541 Posts
    No, nothing in your usernotes, clean as a whistle. Are you sure it was mac1 at VEF ??? I can see change history for members, and he was never promoted to mod.

Your first post that shows there was on 3/30/2007 and you thanked Black Rat in the Electric Blue thread. The thread was removed because he lost all the files, but your post is still in the thread. That may not be your actual first post with the DB crashes etc over the years....
    Must have been some other mod, or maybe at Suzy.. Thanks for looking, it's good to know I have a clean record there.

Quote Originally Posted by kogi View Post
    sometimes I miss the noise and drama of the mod world
    The politics, drama, and contradictions of working at for-profit forums I do not miss. I don't regret it, but It got old. I shudder to think what PS must be like now. Frosty was the smartest of us and left when they started with Filesonic back when.
    I liked the friendship and camaraderie of working with good people; made many friends, geez.....the names run through my head, some of whom have now passed, others just gone...

...and ended up with the best of the crop here at Broken. It's perfect; and I am gratified. My aim was to have fun, learn things, and make friends. It was a win-win-win

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BondJmsBond For This Useful Post:

High Priestess of The Classics Jenny's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,411 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Without being too specific, I can safely say that 99% of the drama is confined to dealing with idiot forum members that refuse to follow the rules these days.

Amazing that it's actually the way it should have been all along isn't it. ?

As far as this place, you have B to thank for that. I just came along for the ride.

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,819 Times in 1,484 Posts
    I'm here for the cash...and bitches and I have an extreme lack of both... something seems wrong here.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,819 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I'm positive that I have absolutely no user notes anywhere.
    If I used them you would have 3

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,772 Times in 1,172 Posts
    I'll just add it is possible to get positive notes as well. Having no notes seems very mediocre. Your typical grey mouse. I have strived to be mediocre all my life, so it suits me having no notes.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kogi View Post
    I'll just add it is possible to get positive notes as well. Having no notes seems very mediocre. Your typical grey mouse. I have strived to be mediocre all my life, so it suits me having no notes.
    You failed at being mediocre, you have one positive UN at VEF and it isn't from me . Sorry to burst your bubble lol

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbojr View Post
    I'm here for the cash...and bitches and I have an extreme lack of both... something seems wrong here.

Ya think ????

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post:

All I wanted was a Pepsi Frosty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,776 Times in 10,166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbojr View Post
    If I used them you would have 3
    No, you must have me confused with someone else. I'm too much of a fucking sweetheart to get bad user notes.
    I'm a modern day Mother Theresa 2.0.

Without being too specific...
    I love being specific.

My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

You can use your illusion, let it take you where it may...
    We live and learn, and then, sometimes, it's best to walk away...
    Me, I'm just here hanging on, it's my only place to stay at least for now, anyway...
    I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You guys know me well enough to figure it out without having me get too specific

sig courtesy of B.Bubba

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jenny For This Useful Post: