Thread: My leave of absence and the fundraiser.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,961 Times in 1,516 Posts

My leave of absence and the fundraiser.

I have been pretty open about myself and this forum from the start.

I always wanted this little place to go on without ads and other BS. Your donations will do just that. I wanted this forum to go on even after I did and in fact for a small moment it did. I've had problems for a while now and working in the construction / heavy manual labor field of work. As Jenny stated I can not work, can't drive and since I worked for a living I don't qualify for Medicare and other state help, apparently emergency means different things on the Federal levels. I take or took care of my cousin, her kid and a disabled vet who has slept on my couch for over 3 years but now I can't even help them. The staff here donated to help this forum (this forum was going to close a few days ago if it wasn't for these wonderful people) and they allowed me to use some to pay for some meds, diabetic needs and food if they didn't I would be back in the hospital or worse, these people I have never met saved me and loved me. They are not just staff, not just friends but the only family I have and I can not say enough. In the next few days my internet will go off as trying to pay rent, bills, meds and my phone will be a struggle on its own so priorities. The server I usually upgrade a bit during the year due to bandwidth but mostly data size and storage plus domain, domain protection and other blah blah blahs so it can range about 150 to 200 per year pending on whats needed. Lets face it I may be gone for a while and lets face it again this forum is ran by Jenny and has been for a long time during my many absences. the members have saved this forum before and have again and I can't describe what that means to me, you kids make this old broken guy cry with your support. Donations of any size will cement this tiny community as the biggest I've ever seen as asking for help is difficult. I will only use donations personally if given explicit consent from donators. I wanted to be open, honest and clear on whats going on and to give you my love.

Sin,
    Me

P.S. Don't give this staff shit or I will throat punch you.

†

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 2,907 Times in 258 Posts
    Bilbo, like I said in my donation note, "Don't get Broken." You have my consent to use my donation for whatever you need, and if more is needed for the forum, I'll chip in another $15. Shit, the last time I donated was four years ago. With OAS being $30 a month 90-day recurring, I'm happy to donate more.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Persephone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you very much for your gratuity, it's means a lot to me.

†

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My $20 is a drop in the ocean compared to the scale of medical bills you guys can face over in the good ol' US of A, but I'm happy that someone puts it to the best use it can be. Keep safe brother!

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrC. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you, it's very kind of you, you people are gonna kill me with kindness.

†

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bilbojr For This Useful Post: