Thread: Rugby - American Football without the pads

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 199 Posts

Rugby - American Football without the pads

Heartfelt plea to any Irish members with influence over the national rugby team.

The Six nations tournament come to an end this weekend and Wales are on for a Grand Slam (winning every match). The only thing that stands in our way are the Irish.
    In my view they are the best team in the tournament but they were off form at the start and lost to the English.

Doing the Math, Ireland could still win the tournament but the most likely outcome of them beating us is that it hands the trophy to England (that can never be a good thing).

Maybe Saturday could be another off day for the Irish so we can smile at the English losing the title again and spend the night getting drunk together in Cardiff? I'll buy the first round

Played Won Draw Lost Points
    1 - Wales 4 4 0 0 16
    2 - England 4 3 0 1 15
    3 - Ireland 4 3 0 1 14
    4 - Scotland 4 1 0 3 6
    5 - France 4 1 0 3 6
    6 - Italy 4 0 0 4 0

The following Match Points are awarded on the basis of the result of each result:

The Team that wins the Match shall be awarded four Match Points or (if it scores four tries or more in the process) five Match Points.
    The Team that loses the Match shall be awarded no Match Points or (if it scores four tries or more in the process or loses by a margin of seven points or fewer) one Match Point or (if it scores four tries or more in the process and loses by a margin of seven points or fewer) two Match Points.
    Teams that draw a Match shall each be awarded two Match Points and any of them that scores four tries or more in the process shall be awarded a further one Match Point.
    A Team that wins all five of its Matches (a “Grand Slam”) shall be awarded a further three Match Points.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arbiec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,316 Times in 2,489 Posts
    i was put off rugby at an early age

at school, somebody in the know decided i would be most useful as a prop (do they still call them props?) - this meant i avoided having to stick my head up somebody's arse in the scrum, but was fair game for any of the rascals behind me reaching between my legs and grabbing my balls ..... to clarify, we were constantly being told to get a good grip on the chap in front of us to strengthen the scrum, not because my school encouraged homoeroticism

it's the little details that tend to dampen one's enthuisiam for a sport

"i know enough to know what's instantly forgettable"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sp88 For This Useful Post: