Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2084

Thread: What are you eating for Dinner?

Thanks
    Thanked 54,709 Times in 11,512 Posts
    I had 2 spinach & egg frittatas this morning along with...

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I had the usual hard boiled egg, light string cheese and 8 oz of 2% milk with it.
    I finished the box (only 6 come in it) so I might try one of the other 2 next grocery store trip.

Mushroom & 3 Cheese Frittata or Veggie Bacon & Potato Frittata.

*The Veggies Made Great website has a lot more of these ranging anywhere from 4-6 carbs apiece but even the big Walmart here only carries the 3 of them,
    and the regular Fry's grocery stores doesn't even carry them.

Carbs this morning: 21 g
    My HEVC/H.265/x265 videos can be played with either VLC or MPC-HC

Baby hair with a woman's eyes, I can feel you watching in the night..
    All alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight, when I feel cold you warm me...
    When I feel I can't go on you come and hold me, it's you and me forever...

Sara Smile, won't you smile a while for me?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lunch was 2 slices of roast beef and a slice of cheese nuked in a whole wheat tortilla & a half bag of Good & Gather Italian-Style Vegetable Blend (Target brand).

Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, Italian-style green beans and yellow squash with the usual bit of melted margarine.

First time trying this blend. Not bad.

While I was picking up the Gamepad at Target, I rummaged through the sad excuse for a grocery section they had, grabbed two bags of those veggies,
    a couple bags of crinkle cut carrots (there seems to be a run on them here this close to Thanksgiving) and I grabbed another box of those spinach & egg frittatas.

All alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight, when I feel cold you warm me...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 69,821 Times in 8,319 Posts
    been drinking some tomato juice with some splashes of worcestershire sauce.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I know your country occasionally spells words differently than we do...do you spell worcestershire sauce V-O-D-K-A..?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 69,821 Times in 8,319 Posts
    alas, it was what the carton suggestions described as a "mocktail".

*hides the pain*

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defrabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Breakfast was cereal and toast for the guys, and I had these...

Code:
    https://www.kroger.com/p/simple-truth-all-american-omelet-bites/0001111080789
    They were pretty good and under 3g carb-wise, though on the small side and pricey for the amount you get.
    Four tiny lil' bites (2 packages of four) and they had to come in a plastic tray with wrap over it, and each one had to have a cupcake type liner on it.

I had the usual hard boiled egg, light string cheese and 8 oz of 2% milk with it.
    Finished up that second tray that came in the omelet bites box, and other than a chunk of cheddar in place of the string cheese, everything was the same as the quoted post.

I also had instant coffee w/ 2% milk & an Equal packet.

My life is XTREMELY exciting. (You can tell...I even spelled it with an X)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lunch was my first attempt at a soup. (most canned soups have either too much flour, milk, rice, pasta or all four. Too many carbs)

2 cups of unsalted chicken bone broth (it's what it sounds like) with some shredded chicken breast, some crinkle cut carrots and some riced cauliflower.
    It wasn't totally awful but I had to add one shake of the salt shaker to get it up to "unsalted" and "edible"
    & I had one piece of whole wheat bread with some margarine on it for the carbs.
    The garlic powder I added didn't add much to it. Maybe I'll add more next time.

I have enough broth for one more bowl of soup (Thank heavens it isn't more).
    Next time after that, I'll get the low sodium chicken broth and trade the few meager carbs and salt in 2 cups for some kind of attempt at flavor.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 302,482 Times in 9,885 Posts
    Lunch was my first attempt at a soup. (most canned soups have either too much flour, milk, rice, pasta or all four. Too many carbs)

2 cups of unsalted chicken bone broth (it's what it sounds like) with some shredded chicken breast, some crinkle cut carrots and some riced cauliflower.
    It wasn't totally awful but I had to add one shake of the salt shaker to get it up to "unsalted" and "edible"
    & I had one piece of whole wheat bread with some margarine on it for the carbs.
    The garlic powder I added didn't add much to it. Maybe I'll add more next time.

I have enough broth for one more bowl of soup (Thank heavens it isn't more).
    Next time after that, I'll get the low sodium chicken broth and trade the few meager carbs and salt in 2 cups for some kind of attempt at flavor.
    Soup like that will often taste better the second day after the flavours have had time to develop.
    Some flavouring ideas:
    1. Herbs (fresh, if you can get them) - try rosemary, thyme, bay leaf (let it infuse then remove before eating), fennel, oregano could all work well with chicken broth
    2. Pepper - black, white, paprika, cayenne, or chillies
    3. Spices - fennel seeds, coriander, cumin, etc.
    4. Spice mixes - 5 spice; curry powder

A suggested method for making soup: put a small amount of oil (olive or rapeseed, preferably) into a saucepan, add finely chopped onion and simmer on a low heat. The onion will soften and go transparent, transferring its flavour to the oil. A pinch of cumin seeds is a good addition.
    Add any hard veg (carrots, turnip, etc) and stir in. Add the broth and the chicken; and any soft veg and herbs/spices.
    Bring to the boil and simmer until the veg is cooked. Season to taste (salt and pepper).

It will be tastier. But you use the flavourings you prefer - lots of chances to experiment. It's probably warm enough to grow must herbs on a window sill or in the garden. Really useful to have fresh ones to hand.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misrule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the tips.

Today's lunch was easier and tastier.

3/4 cup chicken salad (chopped onions instead of celery, dill relish instead of sweet, rest of ingredients the same) & a half bag of crinkle cut carrots w/ margarine.

I also had one sugar free Hershey miniature. 4.5 carbs. (10 pieces in a bag for $2.50...that's criminal)
    I can't eat more than one at a time occasionally, but it was pretty damn good and satisfied the chocolate itch I couldn't scratch with anything else.

I also got a bag of these...

I used to love these kind of peanut butter bars when I was a kid so at $1.85, I thought I'd give the sugar free version a try one of these days.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I had half a "Artisan Margherita" pizza with a cauliflower crust tonight, though there wasn't very much of a crust on it.
    Barely enough to hold the mozzarella cheese, basil and the crushed tomatoes on it.
    It kind of got slightly crispy around the outside edge but not too much in the middle and if I had cooked it anymore the outside edge would have been burnt.

Taste was pretty good but they have a "supreme veggie" I'll probably try the next time.
    They do have plain crusts you can buy so you can make your own but they want 2 for $9 and it's about the size of a paper plate in circumference.
    Apparently the company also sell a classic cheese pizza, and a chicken pepperoni pizza (all cauliflower crusts) but the Fry's I go to is the only one that sells any pizzas at all,
    and everyone else just sells the do it yourself crusts except Trader Joe's which sells only the supreme veggie one.

Code:
    https://califlourfoods.com/products/artisan-margherita
    I ate half, the dog had a quarter and the other quarter will be my nuked soggy snack later tonight.

Also had the last half of a bag of California style veggies with it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post: